News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

Woot!

Started by Dimocritus, October 02, 2009, 04:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimocritus

Just ordered my copy of the Principia Discordia! I can't frikkin' wait, if only I could put my self in stasis for a week till it gets here.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Dysfunctional Cunt

Is it some super special edition?  Cause the one I downloaded worked just fine for me.....

Dimocritus

Quote from: Khara on October 02, 2009, 05:13:51 PM
Is it some super special edition?  Cause the one I downloaded worked just fine for me.....

Nah, I just prefer a paper copy.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Dimo1138 on October 02, 2009, 05:20:01 PM

Wow, what do you print on?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Khara on October 02, 2009, 05:46:07 PM

I prefer a bound book, myself, one that's printed in ink that won't run if I get it damp. And of course, given the outrageous price of ink these days, printing your own is almost as expensive as just buying one pre-bound.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dimocritus

Quote from: Nigel on October 02, 2009, 05:55:33 PM
Quote from: Khara on October 02, 2009, 05:46:07 PM

I prefer a bound book, myself, one that's printed in ink that won't run if I get it damp. And of course, given the outrageous price of ink these days, printing your own is almost as expensive as just buying one pre-bound.

This. I meant a bound copy, my bad.

AFK

The hardback version Syn produced was super sexy.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Dimocritus

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 02, 2009, 05:59:16 PM

To be honest, I don't even know which version I'm getting. I ordered if from Barnes and Noble, if you'd beleive it. It's the only place I could find it. Honestly, I'll take any version I can get so long as I can physically thumb through the pages.

Dysfunctional Cunt

I printed mine and put it in a bonder so I can put other things in with it.  I did it in stages at work, so I didn't pay for the ink...  :oops:

LMNO

Quote from: Dimo1138 on October 02, 2009, 06:04:19 PM

To be honest, I don't even know which version I'm getting. I ordered if from Barnes and Noble, if you'd beleive it. It's the only place I could find it. Honestly, I'll take any version I can get so long as I can physically thumb through the pages.

You're a fucking idiot.  Synaptyx has a HARDCOVER edition on lulu.com, and the proceeds would have gone to one of our own, rather than some ratfuck publishing company.

Great Job Of Breaking It, Hero.

Dimocritus

Quote from: LMNO on October 02, 2009, 07:06:55 PM

You're a fucking idiot.  Synaptyx has a HARDCOVER edition on lulu.com, and the proceeds would have gone to one of our own, rather than some ratfuck publishing company.

How much is it? I can still cancel the order.

Edit: Just looked on lulu.com and could only find the softcover. Doesn't really matter, anyway, I don't have a credit card or bank account to order with.

AFK

Yeah, I seem to recall Syn running into some sort of trouble with the publisher printing the hardcover version.  I think he was getting hosed by them or something. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO on October 02, 2009, 07:06:55 PM

You're a fucking idiot.  Synaptyx has a HARDCOVER edition on lulu.com, and the proceeds would have gone to one of our own, rather than some ratfuck publishing company.

I've seen Syn's PD hardcover at other places than just lulu.com though. Is it not also on Amazon and Bol.com?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I bought Syn's hardcover on Amazon, but I think you can only get the softcover now. Which is OK, it's still a superior edition. For some reason shipping is cheaper when you buy Lulu stuff off Amazon.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

the last yatto

5 bucks says its the copyrighted one

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit