News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

Woot!

Started by Dimocritus, October 02, 2009, 04:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rygD

Isn't the black and gold one copyrighted?  I think I might buy the one in the picture, but first have to replace all my others.  I have owned and lost many copies.  I think I need 2 or 3 more copies of the hardcover in case that one vanishes.  Is it available anywhere?

It would really suck, Vit, if you got the one that has no pictures and is just pages of text.
http://www.amazon.com/Principia-Discordia-Found-Goddess-Forgotten/dp/1605065013/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1256919507&sr=8-4

By the way, where the fuck did these come from:
http://www.amazon.com/Principia-Discordia-Evangelical-Ravenhurst-Malaclypse/dp/B002AD1B1M/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1256919507&sr=8-7

http://www.amazon.com/Principia-Discordia-Robert-Anton-Wilson/dp/3933321204/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1256919507&sr=8-9
:rbtg:

Quote from: rygD on March 07, 2007, 02:53:03 PM
...nuke Iraq and give it to the Jews...

AFK

Black and Gold, you're talking about the Steve Jackson version right?  The only thing that is actually copyrighted in it is Steve Jackson's eye in the pyramid logo/design.  As far as I understand, the rest of it is kopyleft, including the crap his followers added to it.  Well, actually it isn't ALL crap.  A couple of the additions are okay. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

rygD

Yes, the Steve Jackson one. It was ok.  I wish I knew where the fuck all my books keep going.  I have had that one, the yellow on and the pinkish purple one, but I don't remember seeing them in a while.  I am glad my hardcover is still with me.

Iron Sulfide

Quote from: Yatto on October 22, 2009, 11:40:33 PM
5 bucks says its the copyrighted one

a cabbage acquaintance of mine ruined my Yellow 4th edition. To make up for it, she bought me the copyrighted version, as, it is the only version B&N does or will ever sell. But it's okay, cause she's really fat now.

I can honestly say that the copyrighted version is not worth the money, and the additions are all tripe.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Dimocritus

Quote from: rygD on October 30, 2009, 04:31:48 PM
Isn't the black and gold one copyrighted?  I think I might buy the one in the picture, but first have to replace all my others.  I have owned and lost many copies.  I think I need 2 or 3 more copies of the hardcover in case that one vanishes.  Is it available anywhere?

It would really suck, Vit, if you got the one that has no pictures and is just pages of text.
http://www.amazon.com/Principia-Discordia-Found-Goddess-Forgotten/dp/1605065013/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1256919507&sr=8-4

By the way, where the fuck did these come from:
http://www.amazon.com/Principia-Discordia-Evangelical-Ravenhurst-Malaclypse/dp/B002AD1B1M/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1256919507&sr=8-7

http://www.amazon.com/Principia-Discordia-Robert-Anton-Wilson/dp/3933321204/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1256919507&sr=8-9

It was the Steve Jackson one. It's all right. I like it, it's shiny...

I do want a backup copy, though. I'm sure the one I have will get dog-eared/lost/permanently borrowed.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

AFK

You should tell Steve Jackson how much you like it.  hxxp://forums.sjgames.com  He loves talking about the Principia Discordia.  He especially loves it when people pester him about the supposed sequel he was going to produce, but never did. 

Iron Sulfide

Quote from: My Hat is a-RWHNd here somewhere on October 30, 2009, 04:34:47 PM
Black and Gold, you're talking about the Steve Jackson version right?  The only thing that is actually copyrighted in it is Steve Jackson's eye in the pyramid logo/design.  As far as I understand, the rest of it is kopyleft, including the crap his followers added to it.  Well, actually it isn't ALL crap.  A couple of the additions are okay. 

Mine is in someone else's bathroom right now, but i believe that the inside cover legal shtick says that all kopyleft material remains kopyleft, but the exact presentation of the Steve Jackson version itself is copyrighted.

Quote from: My Hat is a-RWHNd here somewhere on November 02, 2009, 04:44:36 PM
You should tell Steve Jackson how much you like it.  hxxp://forums.sjgames.com  He loves talking about the Principia Discordia.  He especially loves it when people pester him about the supposed sequel he was going to produce, but never did. 

I just may. I just may...
Ya' stupid Yank.

Cainad (dec.)

Which is, of course, why you hxxp'd that link. :lulz: We want it to be a surprise when someone shows up to talk about SJ's favorite topic.

Iron Sulfide

I've an idea kicking in the back of my skull to write a PD with Concordance (LOL) and Apocrypha.

(there's already an Apocrypha Discordia out there, i think...)

Perhaps my inevitable conversation with SJ could be in it.
Ya' stupid Yank.

AFK

Quote from: Cainad on November 02, 2009, 09:50:14 PM

Which is, of course, why you hxxp'd that link. :lulz: We want it to be a surprise when someone shows up to talk about SJ's favorite topic.

I have an account over there which I check from time to time.  If any lulz ensue I will be sure to share them with the rest of the class.  But trust me, you really don't want to have a door open here through which a bunch of Mountain Dew swilling, Klingon speaking, role playing spags will enter.

D.A.N

This Principia Discordia thingy, what is it? Can you eat it? Can you drink it? Can you smoke it? If not then I don't really care.... :|

MMIX

Quote from: D.A.N on November 09, 2009, 02:23:16 PM
This Principia Discordia thingy, what is it? Can you eat it? Can you drink it? Can you smoke it? If not then I don't really care.... :|

Principia Discordia
Principia Discordia => Principia Discussion => Topic started by: D.A.N on October 15, 2008, 06:14:26 AM

Title: DISCORDIANISM??
Post by: D.A.N on October 15, 2008, 06:14:26 AM
Can you smoke it? Can you eat it? Can you drink it? If not then I don't really care...

repetitive much . . .  :roll:
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

the other anonymous

Quote from: MMIX on November 09, 2009, 02:59:43 PM
repetitive much . . .  :roll:

Hang around for a year or two.

-toa,
has seen all these threads before...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: D.A.N on November 09, 2009, 02:23:16 PM

I call bot.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

rygD

Quote from: Be Kind, Please RWHNd on November 03, 2009, 11:04:12 AM

I have an account over there which I check from time to time.  If any lulz ensue I will be sure to share them with the rest of the class.  But trust me, you really don't want to have a door open here through which a bunch of Mountain Dew swilling, Klingon speaking, role playing spags will enter.

Mountain Dew is the my carbonated beverage of choice...And what is wrong with speaking Klingon?  those role playing fucks can be funny sometimes, but you can talk all the shit you want about them, I do.