News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

The Cheeseburger Experiment

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 02, 2009, 09:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Quote from: Richter on October 29, 2009, 05:49:46 PM
  Fried to a crisp on the outside, yet still pulsating on the inside is fine with me.

:lmnuendo:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I loathe Worcestershire sauce, and so my friends like to sneak it into my cupboard so I can discover it with horror later.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

btw did you know we call steak tartare "Filet Américain" over here? which is French for "American Fillet" ...

dont look at me, i didnt do it.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 29, 2009, 11:33:29 PM
btw did you know we call steak tartare "Filet Américain" over here? which is French for "American Fillet" ...

dont look at me, i didnt do it.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

Iason Ouabache

I hope you are happy, Nigel!  Your little experiment is killing Burger King!!!   :argh!:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Food-fight-Burger-King-apf-1338962807.html?x=0&.v=5

QuoteBurger King franchisees sued the hamburger company this week over its $1 double cheeseburger promotion, saying they're losing money on the deal and the company can't set maximum menu prices.

The National Franchise Association, a group that represents more than 80 percent of Burger King's U.S. franchise owners, said the $1 promotion forces restaurant owners to sell the quarter-pound burger with at least a 10-cent loss.

While costs vary by location, the $1 double cheeseburger typically costs franchisees at least $1.10, said Dan Fitzpatrick, a Burger King franchisee from South Bend, Ind. who is a spokesman for the association. That includes about 55 cents for the cost of the meat, bun, cheese and toppings. The remainder typically covers expenses such as rent, royalties and worker wages.

"New math, or old math, the math just doesn't work," Fitzpatrick said.

After testing the $1 deal in markets across the country, the discounted burger went on sale nationwide last month even though franchise owners, who operate 90 percent of the company's 12,000 locations, twice rejected the product because of its expense.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on November 13, 2009, 07:12:07 AM
I hope you are happy, Nigel!  Your little experiment is killing Burger King!!!   :argh!:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Food-fight-Burger-King-apf-1338962807.html?x=0&.v=5

QuoteBurger King franchisees sued the hamburger company this week over its $1 double cheeseburger promotion, saying they're losing money on the deal and the company can't set maximum menu prices.

The National Franchise Association, a group that represents more than 80 percent of Burger King's U.S. franchise owners, said the $1 promotion forces restaurant owners to sell the quarter-pound burger with at least a 10-cent loss.

While costs vary by location, the $1 double cheeseburger typically costs franchisees at least $1.10, said Dan Fitzpatrick, a Burger King franchisee from South Bend, Ind. who is a spokesman for the association. That includes about 55 cents for the cost of the meat, bun, cheese and toppings. The remainder typically covers expenses such as rent, royalties and worker wages.

"New math, or old math, the math just doesn't work," Fitzpatrick said.

After testing the $1 deal in markets across the country, the discounted burger went on sale nationwide last month even though franchise owners, who operate 90 percent of the company's 12,000 locations, twice rejected the product because of its expense.

My evil plan! It is working! :lulz:

Telarus

Nigel,

Here's the burger I ate last night, thought you might be interested.

1 lb. ground turkey
1 orange bell pepper (cut into small 2-3 cm squares)
1/4 onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, smashed
1 egg

Mix well, form into 4 patties, sear on med-high (2 min each side). Bake for 4-6 minutes (melt cheese during the last 2 min).

Serve on pub-style buns with tomato/lettuce/pickles, stone ground mustard, ketchup (mayo if you're into that), etc, etc.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That sounds delicious!

I was thinking about turning the blog into a repository for cheeseburger recipes, mind if I post it, with credit of course?

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel