The Cheeseburger Experiment

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 02, 2009, 09:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fomenter

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Kai

No, eating fast food alone is unhealthy.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

fomenter

humans are incredibly tough and resistant creatures w/o having some preexisting health condition this experiment is harmless, any effect will take a week or two of normal diet to correct and i would be very surprised if it has any effect at all.... besides making her sick of cheeseburgers..
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Sir Squid Diddimus

Question:

Do they have to be fast food burgers for this experiment or can they be home made yumburgers?
I love me a nice tasty burger fresh off the grill and into my FACEHOLE!

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nigel on October 04, 2009, 09:17:23 PM
How are you getting the idea of malnutrition from a month of cheeseburgers? They have meat, cheese, bread, and even vegetables.

maybe you have better cheeseburgers then.

TBH I was thinking of McDonalds cheeseburgers, but you said Burger King, and I remember that their "whoppers" actually have reasonably thick slices of tomato that you can actually taste. I don't know the other burger chains you mentioned.

QuoteI am simply curious about how it will make me feel. Have you never had that thought? Have you no sense of adventure?

Besides, it amuses me.

eating cheeseburgers for a month is not really my idea of adventure :) but if it amuses you, well I'm not gonna stop you or anything.

I just think it's a stupid idea. I also don't think it's gonna be that bad for your health, well as fomenter said, maybe a week or two to adjust at most (couple of days would be what I'd expect, actually). You're gonna survive no problem, just apart from the "it amuses me" factor I see no reason to do it cause you are still hurting your body for no other reason than that it amuses you. I respect my body a bit too much to do that.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Quote from: Squid on October 05, 2009, 02:16:05 AM
Question:

Do they have to be fast food burgers for this experiment or can they be home made yumburgers?

This.

Also, is there a cost breakdown between a fast-food burger and a make-your-own burger?

Pope Pixie Pickle

having worked at a fast food place for more than a year, i can predict how Nigel will feel after this experiment.

Bloated, tired and constipated.

but if you are quite active there should be no weight gain.

I'd like to discourage the idea.

I am not able to eat BK any more. Smell of the place just turns me right off.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Kai on October 05, 2009, 01:13:08 AM
Nigel, I'd ask you to please not do this for your health's sake, but I know that won't work so I'll just ask you to please PLEASE visit a doctor once a week while doing this.

Kai, I'm sorry, but that's retarded and a complete overreaction.

I'm terribly amused by the level of overreaction I've gotten from this project. My sister is freaking out.

Think for a moment: If I said "I am going to eat nothing but chicken sandwiches for a month" no one would think it anything but vaguely eccentric. Certainly no one would advise me to go to the doctor once a week. It's a knee-jerk reaction to the word "cheeseburger".

There is absolutely no fathomable reason to go to the doctor once a week. None. The only significant change to my nutritional profile is that I will be getting far less fiber than usual, unless I can find a place that has whole wheat buns.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fredtastic! on October 05, 2009, 02:00:13 AM
heh heh i think everyone is over reacting, nigel will live, and now im craving cheeseburgers

Hahaha! Yes. This.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

I'm actually interested in the result.
I also am enjoying the blog.

jizzmayo  :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on October 05, 2009, 12:49:48 PM
Quote from: Squid on October 05, 2009, 02:16:05 AM
Question:

This.

Also, is there a cost breakdown between a fast-food burger and a make-your-own burger?

I can have homemade, or fancy restaurant burgers, but it kind of violates the spirit of the experiment, if not the letter. I haven't done a cost breakdown for homemade but it's probably fairly expensive compared to fast-food.

What are you guys going to do when it turns out that nothing at all happens as a result of eating cheeseburgers for a month?

Sir Squid Diddimus

I'm gonna smash my balls with  brick!!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Squid on October 05, 2009, 02:08:01 PM
I'm actually interested in the result.
I also am enjoying the blog.

jizzmayo  :lulz:

:) thanks!

I am enjoying them a great deal more sans mayo. Although I realized that probably knocks the calorie content back by at least 50 and I might need to eat four instead of three.

LMNO

"Nothing at all"?

Or, "nothing like we predicted"?

I predict you will get utterly sick of cheeseburgers very quickly.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on October 05, 2009, 02:14:39 PM
"Nothing at all"?

Or, "nothing like we predicted"?

I predict you will get utterly sick of cheeseburgers very quickly.

I don't actually like cheeseburgers, at all. I'm not stupid enough to do this with a food that I LIKE.  :lulz: