News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

Error There Has Been!

Started by ~, October 04, 2009, 12:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Agent Pariah on October 04, 2009, 11:15:32 PM
Quote from: Kai on October 04, 2009, 10:30:12 PM
I still don't get what the fuck this is about.

I might just be an asshole, but I have a problem with people saying

"NO THAT IDEA IS RETARDED IT COST MONIES GO DO THIS ONE IT MUCH BETTER AND COOLER!"

Again that just might be me

Really?  I read that as:

"Hmm, that plan has too high a cost for too small of an impact.  Just breaking things would be more effective, for less money."

Sounds like a reasonable criticism.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

The Johnny

a grudge bleeding over onto other threads?

a grudge over some noob idea that a member that doesnt even exist anymore posted.

and yea, spending money on something that does SMALL IMPACT, was the point of my criticism.

then i vaguely referenced an ongoing project in O:MF about modifying bibles in hotels.

Now, grow up.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: JohNyx on October 04, 2009, 10:47:25 PM

My research team has convened on one major theory:

Claritin-D has penetrated BAI's blood brain barrier. (That or the african plague infested mosquitoes)

Maybe somebody vandalized his bible.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: GA on October 04, 2009, 11:20:05 PM
Quote from: Agent Pariah on October 04, 2009, 11:15:32 PM
Quote from: Kai on October 04, 2009, 10:30:12 PM
I still don't get what the fuck this is about.

I might just be an asshole, but I have a problem with people saying

"NO THAT IDEA IS RETARDED IT COST MONIES GO DO THIS ONE IT MUCH BETTER AND COOLER!"

Again that just might be me

Really?  I read that as:

"Hmm, that plan has too high a cost for too small of an impact.  Just breaking things would be more effective, for less money."

Sounds like a reasonable criticism.

Yes, because breaking/vandalizing bibles will have lots of impact.  It won't put people into howling 2-3 circuit thinking at all.

:lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: JohNyx on October 04, 2009, 11:40:06 PM

a grudge over some noob idea that a member that doesnt even exist anymore posted.

and yea, spending money on something that does SMALL IMPACT, was the point of my criticism.

then i vaguely referenced an ongoing project in O:MF about modifying bibles in hotels.

Now, grow up.

Rumckle

Welcome to PD.com
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rumckle on October 05, 2009, 12:26:15 AM

Welcome to PD.com

...AND GROW THE HELL UP!

Captain Utopia

To me the difference between constructive content and asshole trolling, seems to be the degree of thought the critic puts into how the audience will react to it. Saying "I was too rushed to express myself clearly" or "if someone else had said it, it would have had a different response", and a myriad of different excuses.. are all largely irrelevant to this.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: fictionpuss on October 05, 2009, 12:31:05 AM
To me the difference between constructive content and asshole trolling, seems to be the degree of thought the critic puts into how the audience will react to it. Saying "I was too rushed to express myself clearly" or "if someone else had said it, it would have had a different response", and a myriad of different excuses.. are all largely irrelevant to this.

Shut up and start crapping on peoples' holy texts.  It's the only way to mindfuck.

Rumckle

And when they figure out what you are up to, start crapping on your own holy text, to confuse them even further.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rumckle on October 05, 2009, 12:33:42 AM
And when they figure out what you are up to, start crapping on your own holy text, to confuse them even further.

No, only bibles.

Pariah

People are much more open to new ideas after you have vandalized their holy text, which is why I always use my annotated version of the Qur'an as a teaching tool when talking to Muslims.

Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

The Good Reverend Roger

Captain Utopia

Pariah

Muslim: Actually the Qur'an is against violence towards Jews and Christians and are categorized as dhimmi or protected people and are viewed as brothers to a certain sense
Me: (shoves annotated Qur'an in face)
Muslim:  :eek: Obviously I didn't recognize your edginess. I take back everything I just said. Praise the Lord! Praise Jesus!
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!