News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

Error There Has Been!

Started by ~, October 04, 2009, 12:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Absolutely.  Its designed to be an alternative to Microsoft Office.

http://openoffice.bouncer.osuosl.org/?product=OpenOffice.org&os=winwjre&lang=en-US&version=3.1.1 should do the trick.  Its fairly large though, since its a word processor program, speadsheet program etc

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on October 06, 2009, 03:14:09 PM
Absolutely.  Its designed to be an alternative to Microsoft Office.

http://openoffice.bouncer.osuosl.org/?product=OpenOffice.org&os=winwjre&lang=en-US&version=3.1.1 should do the trick.  Its fairly large though, since its a word processor program, speadsheet program etc

Thank you very much, Cain.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 06, 2009, 09:33:13 AM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on October 06, 2009, 02:32:33 AM
Quote from: Nigel on October 05, 2009, 07:17:56 PM
Is this going to turn into one of those boards where we get public spankings by Big Daddy if we step out of line?

why is it that anytime I voice my opinion on board matters, I'm made out to be Mussolini-in-waiting? Am I not allowed to have and voice my opinion regarding these matters?

Because every time you voice your opinion regarding these matters, in addition to simply just stating your opinion, you feel the need to point out that this is your site to somehow make your opinion carry more weight than others--while afaik you just own the domain name, whereas Faust pays for and manages the server, if I'm not mistaken. And most importantly, the community, that sort of spirit that makes this place so special, is created from the synergy of all of us.

And saying things like this:

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on October 05, 2009, 04:34:18 AMor, y'know, it could just be the internet and I could just be trying to gauge whether or not I even want to bother continuing with this site.

I mean, we all want to hear your opinion. Really. But if every time you state it, you feel the need to add weight to it by saying stuff like this, instead of just discussing it with the rest of everybody (Cain and Roger never pull the admin card, for instance).

Jesus, you guys are always so fucking touchy about this shit.

Listen. Pd.com is run as a meritocracy, as it should be, and hopefully always will be. In spite of that, the fact that my name is the one attached to this site DOES give me the right to care about and try to exert influence on the direction and culture of this site in that capacity, not just as a (used to be more) regular poster. If that rubs some of you the wrong way I'd be happy to hear about it (even more), but in the end the only response you're likely to get out of me is something along the lines of "tough titties", though it may be phrased more or less tactfully depending on who you are and how much caffeine and/or alcohol I've had at that point.

as for the reference to whether or not I want to continue with this site, that has nothing to do with shutting down the boards and everything to do with whether or not I feel this site is worth spending my increasingly rare free time on or whether I should just legally transfer ownership to someone else (probably Faust or Cain) and wash my hands of it.

In summary: stop being such a bunch of spags, you fucking spags.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"