News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

Error There Has Been!

Started by ~, October 04, 2009, 12:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rumckle

Quote from: GA on October 05, 2009, 01:26:55 AM
I mean - he wasn't trolling, and as far as I can tell all of his posts have been in good faith.  Trying to drive off an obnoxious asshole, someone with nothing to contribute, or a lame troll makes sense; tearing a new poster a new orifice because he thinks the PD is a little out of date doesn't.  If we want this board to be one that generates new content, ever, we need people who are willing to contribute, criticize each other, and molest a few sacred cows.  Driving people off who disagree with established members on small matters is no different than closing down registration to protect your ideas from people who don't like them.

A healthy immune system works against pathogenic invaders.  From here, it looks like PD has an autoimmune disorder.

Heh

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but my small amount of poking him with a stick was just because his response was amusing

I got nothing against you JohNyx (apart from the usual)
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: GA on October 05, 2009, 01:26:55 AM
A healthy immune system works against pathogenic invaders.  From here, it looks like PD has an autoimmune disorder.
Even if that were true, the way JohNyx is reacting right now does nothing but inflame the situation. I've been in his position, and likely will again. Lecturing people doesn't work. Simply being right (even if you are, which is never guaranteed) doesn't work. Pointing it out just makes enemies. Literally the only way to fix the problem (if it existed) would be to work it from the inside and even then lead by example, not by preaching.

Pretty much anything else is trolling or just plain laziness - that's the situation as I see it.

Kai

Also, while I like biological metaphors, calling the way we interact with newbies an "autoimmune disorder" is weak.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Kai on October 05, 2009, 02:05:45 AM
Also, while I like biological metaphors, calling the way we interact with newbies an "autoimmune disorder" is weak.

Rejecting new blood, while not technically an autoimmune disorder, is still a maladaptive immune system response when the blood is healthy.  Literal new blood or figurative new blood, same either way.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Agent Pariah on October 05, 2009, 12:53:33 AM
I think it would at least elicit a chuckle, then a read, then possibly an involvement in Discordian activities.

However just pissing people off for a couple of seconds until they call for a replacement of their bible by hotel management is the way really REAL discordians do it

REALLY REAL DISCORDIANS FOR REALNESS.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: GA on October 05, 2009, 02:26:47 AM
Quote from: Kai on October 05, 2009, 02:05:45 AM

Rejecting new blood, while not technically an autoimmune disorder, is still a maladaptive immune system response when the blood is healthy.  Literal new blood or figurative new blood, same either way.

This ain't healthy blood.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: JohNyx on October 05, 2009, 01:11:43 AM

That you guys have a vested interest in trolling and flaming me.

Yes, we're paid to do it.  No, really.

Quote from: JohNyx on October 05, 2009, 01:11:43 AM
You sure enjoy nitpicking and ganging up.

Life sucks.  Wear a hat.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: GA on October 05, 2009, 01:15:17 AM
Seriously, what is up with this board's immune response?

Nothing.  We've had several new users that didn't get shat all over.  But the problem is obviously with us, right, and not with some lowbrow asswipe who thinks the height of mindfucking is vandalizing bibles.

Right?  Right right right?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Kai on October 05, 2009, 01:40:11 AM
Quote from: JohNyx on October 05, 2009, 01:33:24 AM
I know y'all need to attack someone, im just trying to show you its for no reason.

Wonder why you complain about other forum boards doing the same thing?

I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the sort of person I'm preaching to. :)

This.

Plus, JohNyx is a pud.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: JohNyx on October 05, 2009, 01:33:24 AM
I know y'all need to attack someone, im just trying to show you its for no reason.

Wonder why you complain about other forum boards doing the same thing?

It isn't the same thing.

Pariah

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 05, 2009, 02:35:34 AM
Quote from: GA on October 05, 2009, 01:15:17 AM
Seriously, what is up with this board's immune response?

Nothing.  We've had several new users that didn't get shat all over.  But the problem is obviously with us, right, and not with some lowbrow asswipe who thinks the height of mindfucking is vandalizing bibles.

Are you kidding? "Tits" "LOL INDUENDDO" and "DICKS LAWL" are on the cutting edge of social commentary today
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

The Johnny

Oh look at me, i have over 3000 posts which makes me really real discordian with all my really real discordian buddies with over 3000 posts
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: JohNyx on October 05, 2009, 03:05:13 AM
Oh look at me, i have over 3000 posts which makes me really real discordian with all my really real discordian buddies with over 3000 posts

:lulz:

Shut the fuck up, meatsack.  Your problem isn't your postcount, it's you.

The Johnny

Need a punching bag in a forum because in real life you are nobody?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: JohNyx on October 05, 2009, 03:07:52 AM

Need a punching bag in a forum because in real life you are nobody?

HAR HAR!  Listen asshole, I have running sores older than you.  Try your dime store psychology somewhere else.

:lulz: