News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Why did I buy store-brand coffee this week?

Started by AFK, October 05, 2009, 01:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why did I buy store-brand coffee this week?

Obviously, you are a dumbass RWHN.
1 (5%)
Obviously, you are a cheap dumbass RWHN.
3 (15%)
Subconscious ploy to rationalize why it's okay to buy Starbucks all week.
5 (25%)
Nobody cares, shuddap!
3 (15%)
Hannaford Mind Control Lazors
0 (0%)
Where is the pun?
8 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 20

AFK

I don't know what happened.  And it really sucks.  Lucky for me I have a meeting at a coffee shop later this morning. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Not having a pun in this post is clearly grounds for your removal as the resident punner.

AFK

You're pressing me because I'm French, right? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Don't be bitter just because you're now a regular joe.

Triple Zero

Is it really that bad? I usually bought storebrand myself, and don't mind at all. My gf however prefers Douwe Egberts.

How about storebrand from a different store?

And is Starbucks better than homebrewn storebrand? Really? OK I never had coffee at a Starbucks (they havent invaded this part of the Netherlands yet), but there's enough other coffee bars, and while some of them are pretty good, nothing beats my homebrewn coffee. Maybe I just have a particular taste :)

Instead of a pun, I will give you a set-up:

"I like my women the way I like my coffee ..."
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Triple Zero

"... ground up and immersed in hot boiling water."
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

LMNO

Triple Zero

LMNO

"...posessed with the ability to keep me up all night."

Sir Squid Diddimus

........ black and bitter

also 000, I'd kill for the quality of coffee you guys probably have compared to the chicory and sawdust they try to serve us at our piss poor coffee shops here (in my state anyway, probably better elsewhere) and our store brand tastes like ass.

Richter

Quote from: Squid on October 05, 2009, 04:08:28 PM
........ black and bitter

also 000, I'd kill for the quality of coffee you guys probably have compared to the chicory and sawdust they try to serve us at our piss poor coffee shops here (in my state anyway, probably better elsewhere) and our store brand tastes like ass.

Even in the great cities of the north, where shit is pricey and pretention drips tenebrously from teh walls, it's still possible to get a cup of compelte SHIT from a place that really ought to do better.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cainad (dec.)

"... hot and sweet."

If you all are looking for an adventure, try getting coffee from my school dining hall. There is NO consistency at all: one day I'll get a nice strong brew, the next I'll get a moderate brew with a gag-inducing amount of grounds floating in it, and then it's weak-ass brown water. Every day is a new experience!

Rumckle

"... first thing in the morning."

I dunno, the place I'm living at atm has decent coffee, though the last college I was living at I wouldn't touch their coffee with a ten foot pole
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

fomenter

the quality of the coffee maker its being brewed through,
my last couple were the best coffee maker walmart/target had available
i brewed store-brand no-name brand through them and made good coffee (name brand made great coffee) the last coffee maker i bought was mid priced         
the store brand i bought is now vile and undrinkable..
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp