Okay, so what the jabbering fuck IS "eprime", anygoddamnway?

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, October 06, 2009, 11:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Utopia

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on October 07, 2009, 04:42:47 AM
Eprime sucks. Can we talk about 'pataphysics instead?

Sounds good tome. Just as long as nobody tries to hit me in the head with a silver hammer...

...anyway, speaking of 'pataphysics, does anybody know where I can download a copy of Guignol by Alfred Jarry?
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Sir Squid Diddimus

Halfbaked1

The flyin fuck is Pataphysics?  *shuffles off to google*

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 07, 2009, 04:28:11 AM
Quote from: Thurnez Isa on October 07, 2009, 04:14:42 AM
Quote from: Nigel on October 07, 2009, 03:42:13 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 07, 2009, 02:54:17 AM
Quote from: Triple Zero on October 07, 2009, 12:00:31 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 06, 2009, 11:26:40 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on October 06, 2009, 11:24:39 PM
The sad thing is that even if you eprime the shit out of it people STILL don't get the difference between objective and subjective statements.

I don't get the "prime" part.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_(symbol)

It's a ', sort of. In this context probably means "derived from", so E-prime is "derived from E(nglish)".

At least, that's what I always assumed.

You know, I spent a few years in college in the cave man days, majoring in math and physics.  As a result, that makes me want to puke blood all over the fucks that are responsible for this.

Oh my god, your avatar is you!

ITS FREAKING ME OUT!!!!
:ohnotache:

Can't you just FEEL the LOVE beaming out at you?

That is some terrifying love, right there.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 06, 2009, 11:38:32 PM
Quote from: fomenter on October 06, 2009, 11:37:50 PM
new-age stupidity - turning a thought experiment that was supposed to break you out of a ridged world view... into its own ridged world view... yay lets eprime everything  :fap:

I can't.

I appear to be retarded in relation to this endeavour. :(

E-primed

Richter

I just tried to mentally write an eroitc vignette in e-prime.  :kingmeh:  It couldn't HELP but sounding like bedding a block of liberal bleeding heart tofu.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

AFK

Heh, it's funny, in my field you can easily tell the difference between those who have Public Policy degrees and those who have degrees in Social Work.  The Social Workers use lots of e-prime, they don't want to step on toes or hurt anyone's feelings.  Those of us with Public Policy degrees are a bunch of conceited bastards who tell everyone how it is, whether we are right or not. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

E-Prime is the uterus that "sombunall" dropped out of.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Pariah

I've always wanted to steal the "Bob" display pic but I fell it would be a dick move
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Richter on October 07, 2009, 01:04:24 PM
I just tried to mentally write an eroitc vignette in e-prime.  :kingmeh:  It couldn't HELP but sounding like bedding a block of liberal bleeding heart tofu.

Plz to be sharing.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

LMNO

You haven't lived until you've stuck your dick in a block of bleeding tofu.