News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

A list of obvious things.

Started by La Terrorista, October 07, 2009, 01:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

La Terrorista

http://www.thefword.org.uk/blog/2009/09/sexual_assault_3

Feminism, yeah!

QuotePlease distribute this list. Put it up in your place of work, in your university's library or wherever you think theymight be read:

1. Don't put drugs in people's drinks in order to control their behavior.

2. When you see someone walking by themselves, leave them alone!

3. If you pull over to help someone with car problems, remember not to assault them!

4. NEVER open an unlocked door or window uninvited.

5. If you are in an elevator and someone else gets in, DON'T ASSAULT THEM!

6. Remember, people go to laundry to do their laundry, do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.

7. USE THE BUDDY SYSTEM! If you are not able to stop yourself from assaulting people, ask a friend to stay with you while you are in public.

8. Always be honest with people! Don't pretend to be a caring friend in order to gain the trust of someone you want to assault. Consider telling them you plan to assault them. If you don't communicate your intentions, the other person may take that as a sign that you do not plan to rape them.

9. Don't forget: you can't have sex with someone unless they are awake!

10. Carry a whistle! If you are worried you might assault someone "on accident" you can hand it to the person you are with, so they can blow it if you do.

We should make a list of things you should already do and post THEM up everywhere.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: La Terrorista on October 07, 2009, 01:03:25 AM

Feminism, yeah!

QuotePlease distribute this list. Put it up in your place of work, in your university's library or wherever you think theymight be read:

3. If you pull over to help someone with car problems, remember not to assault them!

6. Remember, people go to laundry to do their laundry, do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.

7. USE THE BUDDY SYSTEM! If you are not able to stop yourself from assaulting people, ask a friend to stay with you while you are in public.

8. Always be honest with people! Don't pretend to be a caring friend in order to gain the trust of someone you want to assault. Consider telling them you plan to assault them. If you don't communicate your intentions, the other person may take that as a sign that you do not plan to rape them.

10. Carry a whistle! If you are worried you might assault someone "on accident" you can hand it to the person you are with, so they can blow it if you do.

We should make a list of things you should already do and post THEM up everywhere.

#2 just doesn't make sense, unless you either assume that everyone who walks by themselves does so because they're antisocial and don't want to talk with you anyway, or that everyone who sees someone walking alone can only think of the situation in terms of opportunity for an assault of some kind.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

La Terrorista

Quote from: GA on October 07, 2009, 01:11:53 AM

Feminism, yeah!

#2 just doesn't make sense, unless you either assume that everyone who walks by themselves does so because they're antisocial and don't want to talk with you anyway, or that everyone who sees someone walking alone can only think of the situation in terms of opportunity for an assault of some kind.

They probably meant they should physically leave them alone, but they're women so of course they fucked it up.

Golden Applesauce

Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Faust

All men are rapists.
How informative and useful.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The "remember not to assault them!" parts are my favorite. Because most people default to assault when they forget not to...
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

yeah, but 2/3rds of them had deserving victims.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Feminism, yeah!

WTF is up with #9?

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 07, 2009, 02:41:20 AM

WTF is up with #9?
They mixed up "can't" with "shouldn't". Happens to me all of the time.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on October 07, 2009, 04:22:36 AM

WTF is up with #9?

Mixed up with "should".  Never had a girlfriend/wife/playmate/etc that didn't like getting woken up that way.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

La Terrorista

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 07, 2009, 04:27:29 AM

WTF is up with #9?

Mixed up with "should".  Never had a girlfriend/wife/playmate/etc that didn't like getting woken up that way.
You've obviously never been with a REAL WOMAN (read: feminist).

Kai

...2/3rds of them deserve it?

Really, I don't have a clue how to respond to this, except that it smells similar to biting beaver.

Oh oh, ALSO, its not rape if you yell SURPRISE! first.

~Kai,

Is one of those hardcore diehard feminists who gets tired of the old "all men are rapists" cliches. How enabling.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

La Terrorista

Quote from: Kai on October 07, 2009, 05:16:51 AM
~Kai,
Is one of those hardcore diehard feminists who gets tired of the old "all men are rapists" cliches. How enabling.
Oh good, I'm not alone!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 07, 2009, 04:27:29 AM

WTF is up with #9?

This is truth.

Although, it depends a LOT on timing. I always thought that was my favorite way to wake up (I am a horny bastard in the mornings and I WILL rape you if you are accessible) but then abruptly my ex started waking me up for sex shortly after I had fallen asleep. The result, in the end, was fairly positive in that he is still alive and has all his limbs.