News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

A list of obvious things.

Started by La Terrorista, October 07, 2009, 01:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfbaked1

I'm a rapist?  You mean I shoulda been raping all those women that shot me down?  I missed a memo damnit, I call a do over!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Halfbaked1 on October 07, 2009, 06:58:19 AM
I'm a rapist?  You mean I shoulda been raping all those women that shot me down?  I missed a memo damnit, I call a do over!

We all default to rape, in the end.

Or maybe that's just me.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

(Ha ha, I made a buttsex joke!)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Quote6. Remember, people go to laundry to do their laundry, do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.

What's next, telling me I should not clean my sheets during darkroom orgies either?

I always get that shit mixed up.

QuoteDon’t pretend to be a caring friend in order to gain the trust of someone you want to assault.
Consider telling them you plan to assault them.
If you don’t communicate your intentions, the other person may take that as a sign that you do not plan to rape them.

Fuck that, why do I always have to show the initiative?
For instance, they could simply wear a T-Shirt PLEASE DONT RAEP ME in order to be clear on these matters.
I really hate it when they pretend to be a caring friend, and then they do that last-minute pepperspray thing to get their point across.´

QuoteDon’t forget: you can’t have sex with someone unless they are awake!

What about trees?

How do you tell if they're awake? Is it a seasonal thing?

QuoteCarry a whistle! If you are worried you might assault someone “on accident” you can hand it to the person you are with, so they can blow it if you do.

I would, but I'm worried they'd bite it off, you know?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Kai

I"d like to offer an alternative list for TROOF about monkeys.

Whereas
humans are simians that often act on base impulses and hurt other people, and

whereas the majority of human relations is power games meant to assert dominance in some manner, and

whereas neither of these traits seem to have any specificity, they are ubiquitous,

therefore, the following suggestions:

1. Be Prepared - Crazy prepared if possible (cf. Richter). Have the right tools for the right situation. If a can of pepper spray suits your situation then have one. A person should be dependent upon their own items, skills and abilities whenever possible, and not rely on someone else, because who knows when they will actually come through?

2. Watch your back - Simians have the tendency to turn any situation into a bad one. Be responsible, look out for these situations coming. Take martial arts or self defense, or at least know where the vulnerable points on a human body are located. Learn to read your surroundings, have constant awareness of whats going on around you, especially in situations where you are the sole person watching your back. Learn to read people and their reactions.

3. Don't compromise your intuition - Alcohol is great but it muddles the mind. Don't drink or take substances in situations you are not completely confident of your abilities and are not surrounded by people you trust. It's far too easy to make mistakes of judgment and end up in a bad way because humans suck and will take advantage of your disadvantage. Just sayin.

4. Have friends watch your back - Only be friends with people you can really trust, and let everyone else be merely acquaintance. Telling the difference comes with experience. A friend will drag you out of a bad situation when you are unable to do it yourself. Walk in groups whenever possible, because simians go after the loner. Conversely, don't follow this suggestion to failure on the other suggestions.

5. Watch your friends backs - Because this is the sort of thing friends do. Furthermore, it builds trust with them so they are more likely to watch your back when needed.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

That One Guy

Quote from: Kai on October 07, 2009, 12:36:49 PM

Whereas

whereas the majority of human relations is power games meant to assert dominance in some manner, and

whereas neither of these traits seem to have any specificity, they are ubiquitous,

1. Be Prepared - Crazy prepared if possible (cf. Richter). Have the right tools for the right situation. If a can of pepper spray suits your situation then have one. A person should be dependent upon their own items, skills and abilities whenever possible, and not rely on someone else, because who knows when they will actually come through?

2. Watch your back - Simians have the tendency to turn any situation into a bad one. Be responsible, look out for these situations coming. Take martial arts or self defense, or at least know where the vulnerable points on a human body are located. Learn to read your surroundings, have constant awareness of whats going on around you, especially in situations where you are the sole person watching your back. Learn to read people and their reactions.

3. Don't compromise your intuition - Alcohol is great but it muddles the mind. Don't drink or take substances in situations you are not completely confident of your abilities and are not surrounded by people you trust. It's far too easy to make mistakes of judgment and end up in a bad way because humans suck and will take advantage of your disadvantage. Just sayin.

4. Have friends watch your back - Only be friends with people you can really trust, and let everyone else be merely acquaintance. Telling the difference comes with experience. A friend will drag you out of a bad situation when you are unable to do it yourself. Walk in groups whenever possible, because simians go after the loner. Conversely, don't follow this suggestion to failure on the other suggestions.

5. Watch your friends backs - Because this is the sort of thing friends do. Furthermore, it builds trust with them so they are more likely to watch your back when needed.

:mittens: and :potd:
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Kai on October 07, 2009, 12:36:49 PM

Whereas

:mittens:

And ALWAYS be ready to kick a motherfucker in tha nads.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Kai

Being in the mood right now, I sorta want to punch the OP in the face for assuming everyone has this primal urge to assault who ever happens to be closest, like some sort of sociopathic tourettes. "Assault someone on accident"? "If you are not able to stop yourself from assaulting people"? Are we REALLY stuck in a pre-industrial idiocy where people (but I know you meant men, Terrorista) can't be faulted for just running up and raping and assaulting people in broad daylight because we're just MADE like that, like "Oh shit man, I'm getting the rape impulse on that girl overthere, quick BLOW THE WISTLE!" This sort of stupidity passes on stereotypes and actually ENABLES people to act like that, because "like man I just can't help assaulting people, it just happens and before you know it I'm raping some girl on the sidewalk" is the most stupid fucking excuse ever.

Also, this:

QuoteAlways be honest with people! Don't pretend to be a caring friend in order to gain the trust of someone you want to assault. Consider telling them you plan to assault them. If you don't communicate your intentions, the other person may take that as a sign that you do not plan to rape them.

Is one of the most fucked up things I have ever heard. "Lets sit around and talk about how I want to assault and rape you!" Also: "You aren't planning on raping me so that makes you a caring friend!"  :x

Lets reword this:

QuoteAlways be honest with people! Don't pretend to be a caring friend in order to gain the trust of someone you want to have sex with. Consider telling them about your sexual inclinations. If you don't communicate your intentions, the other person may take that as a sign that you are /not/ interested in having sex with them.

Better. In fact, I think this whole thing is a troll.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

LMNO

It appears to me as badly written satire.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on October 07, 2009, 05:30:30 PM
It appears to me as badly written satire.

Even odds it's real.  Brownmiller never died.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

I'm surprised fictionpuss hasn't already approved these to counter PD.com's pro-abuse memebombs

/snark

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on October 07, 2009, 05:32:08 PM
I'm surprised fictionpuss hasn't already approved these to counter PD.com's pro-abuse memebombs

/snark

Now, now.  He's getting better.  I think the lad has potential.

Rumckle

Quote from: Kai on October 07, 2009, 05:23:55 PM
Being in the mood right now, I sorta want to punch the OP in the face for assuming everyone has this primal urge to assault who ever happens to be closest, like some sort of sociopathic tourettes.

I'm assuming you mean the sight it was posted on, I think La Terrorista was just pointing out how stupid it is.

That said, a hot lady walked into the elevator today, and I was just about to assault her when I remembered this post, and realised that I probably shouldn't assault strangers in elevators.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 07, 2009, 05:33:37 PM

/snark

Oh, he does, for sure.

But you, I and everyone reading this thread was thinking it.  I was going to burst if someone didn't say it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on October 07, 2009, 05:42:28 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 07, 2009, 05:33:37 PM

/snark

Oh, he does, for sure.

But you, I and everyone reading this thread was thinking it.  I was going to burst if someone didn't say it.

I was simply obeying my new oath to stop abusing noobs.

Is he still a noob?  I think so.  But, again, he's improving.