News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

TV and the Idea of Beauty

Started by The Johnny, October 07, 2009, 05:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

Quote from: JohNyx on October 16, 2009, 12:20:34 AM

Consensus about what is beautiful is something very relative.

I focus on skin tone, wide hips (that follow the waist-hip-ratio of .7X=X), and a flat stomach (from aerobic kind exersice, not anorexia nor anaerobic exersice). Also, im tired of fucking only seeing brown and hazel eyes around here.

I couldnt care less about lips.

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

The Johnny

she doesnt have teeth either  :fap:

(No.)
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

BabylonHoruv

and yet she is still oddly attractive.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

NO.  IT ISN'T.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 16, 2009, 02:32:54 AM

NO.  IT ISN'T.

Sure it is. A person's idea of beauty falls back on what you are taught/brainwashed to be considered beautiful. ESPECIALLY through mass marketing, but also through cultural and social acceptances. Wouldn't it be relative to those factors?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Johnny

Within a mass-media framework, you are expected to say this:

NO.  IT ISN'T.

But its not true.

"For the idea of beauty is what WE tell you is objectively beautiful. Come and watch OUR representatives of the objective beauty, OUR BELOVED BRANGELINA !!!!"

Fucking fish faced skeleton.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Suu on October 16, 2009, 03:53:31 AM

NO.  IT ISN'T.

Sure it is. A person's idea of beauty falls back on what you are taught/brainwashed to be considered beautiful. ESPECIALLY through mass marketing, but also through cultural and social acceptances. Wouldn't it be relative to those factors?

How the hell is consensus relative?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Johnny

Consensus about what is beautiful is something very relative amongst different groups.

oh fuckit, idk if thats clearer, im gonna use my "not my first language" card this time

-B.F. Skinner

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on October 16, 2009, 03:53:31 AM

NO.  IT ISN'T.

NO.

ROGER PRIME IS NOW IN EFFECT.  NO ANEMIC MODELS THAT LOOK LIKE 14 YEAR OLD BOYS NEED APPLY.  BOOBS, ASS, LEGS, AND SOME FUCKING CURVES, PLS.  EVERYTHING ELSE IS MERE COMMENTARY.

TGRR,
WILL COMPROMISE ON A LEG.  MAYBE BOTH.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: JohNyx on October 16, 2009, 04:16:07 AM

Within a mass-media framework, you are expected to say this:

NO.  IT ISN'T.

But its not true.

"For the idea of beauty is what WE tell you is objectively beautiful. Come and watch OUR representatives of the objective beauty, OUR BELOVED BRANGELINA !!!!"

Fucking fish faced skeleton.

OBEY YOUR RAIN GOD.  BRING ME WOMEN.

Dimocritus

R-PRIME is fucking awesome. I'd try it but I'd probably just end up hurting myself...
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dimo1138 on October 16, 2009, 04:31:48 AM
R-PRIME is fucking awesome. I'd try it but I'd probably just end up hurting myself...

If you do it wrong, you can blow your esophagus out.  Hurts.  Real bad.

Dimocritus

HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Your object in the sentence is still consensus. Your sentence is calling consensus relative. Haha!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: JohNyx on October 16, 2009, 04:18:16 AM

Consensus about what is beautiful is something very relative amongst different groups.

oh fuckit, idk if thats clearer, im gonna use my "not my first language" card this time

HEE HEE!