News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

We Like The Moon

Started by Bebek Sincap Ratatosk, October 07, 2009, 01:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Newton is dead.  Long live Newton.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 07, 2009, 06:13:33 PM
Quote from: BabylonHoruv on October 07, 2009, 06:12:43 PM
but if it ends up changing the moon's orbit,

Please tell me you weren't being serious.

TGRR,
Has seen Space 1999, too.

Not that serious.  But at least it sounds better than "It'll offend the great mother moon goddess"  There's always the "it's a huge fucking waste of money" arguement, but that one's kind of boring.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on October 07, 2009, 06:17:36 PM
Newton is dead.  Long live Newton.

I am going to use a pea shooter to knock our engineer's King Ranch pickup truck across the parking lot.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on October 07, 2009, 06:23:00 PM

TGRR,

Not that serious.  But at least it sounds better than "It'll offend the great mother moon goddess"  There's always the "it's a huge fucking waste of money" arguement, but that one's kind of boring.

Explain to me how firing a bigass rocket at the moon just to watch the impact is a "waste of money".

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Rumckle

Quote from: Cain on October 07, 2009, 05:46:23 PM
Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on October 07, 2009, 03:52:23 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 07, 2009, 03:34:09 PM
Who's "we", white man?

I think we should nuke the moon. WWWDCD?

I think nuking the moon is PRECISELY what Washington DC would do.

Thanks for ruining the joke, Enki.

http://www.sadlyno.com/archives/21394.html was going to be the eventual punchline, once someone asked what DC stood for, but now, of course, no one will.

Why must you kill the funny?

I assumed it stood for DCup, but then I got thinking about DCup and giant phallic objects and lost my train of thought.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

LMNO

Careful, that might lead to assault.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on October 07, 2009, 06:31:57 PM
Careful, that might lead to assault.

Too late.

TGRR,
Needs to order a new desk.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on October 07, 2009, 06:23:00 PM

TGRR,

Well, the general idea was to watch the impact plume for signs of water... since the recent discovery that the moon has water on it. They're trying to figure out where it came from, and the bottom of deep craters might be the answer.

As for knocking the moon out of its orbit... the galaxy smashes far worse things than a rocket into the moon on a semi regular basis.... that's how the craters got there.

Mostly, however, we should SAVE THE  MooooooooooooooN!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

BANG!

:?

uh oh......

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: General Stuart on October 07, 2009, 07:49:27 PM
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

BANG!

I can't see your pic at work, but the above statement justifies the cost.

PopeTom

Clearly those who think our blowing up parts of the Moon is a bad idea have forgotten that those Moon bastards brought this upon themselves.
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: PopeTom on October 07, 2009, 08:51:12 PM
Clearly those who think our blowing up parts of the Moon is a bad idea have forgotten that those Moon bastards brought this upon themselves.

I'm thinking regime change, Tom.

PopeTom

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 07, 2009, 09:52:38 PM

Which is the usually approach to modern warfare.

You still need to bomb them into submission first.

Have you picked a puppet leader to win the moon's first ever 'democratically' held elections?
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: PopeTom on October 07, 2009, 09:59:04 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 07, 2009, 09:52:38 PM

Which is the usually approach to modern warfare.

You still need to bomb them into submission first.

Have you picked a puppet leader to win the moon's first ever 'democratically' held elections?

Not yet, we have to do the important stuff first.  Like order purple paint and lots of film.