News:

PD.com: "I'M MADDER THAN FISH GREASE!"

Main Menu

Cocaine Vaccine

Started by AFK, October 07, 2009, 03:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Thurnez Isa

Do you know if this is the same thing as the TA-CD vaccine?
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Kai

Quote from: Nigel on November 01, 2009, 03:55:47 PM
Oh, good, a new pedant.

Apparently the word "pedant" used to mean something positive, someone who used words with precision. Now all it means is an egotistical asshole with a perchance for correcting people.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Template

Quote from: Kai on November 01, 2009, 07:20:07 PM
Oh, good, a new pedant.

Apparently the word "pedant" used to mean something positive, someone who used words with precision. Now all it means is an egotistical asshole with a perchance for correcting people.

Did you mean penchant?

Yes.  We need a new word, that also applies to people who may be wrong about the matter anyways.

Smartass/wiseass comes to mind.  "Pedanticunt", for those who prefer neologisms.

MornTheOrator

Oh, good, a new pedant.

It comes from Latin paedagogans, as paedagogue suggests it means 'teacher'. In Italian it got to mean teacher of any kind and not just to children, finally it got into English. Shakespear still used it with that sense. Later on it got to mean some one with a penchant for præcision and accuracy and correctness. Now a lot of people use it to mean 'arrogant snob', but in the end also apply it in the former sense because it's the difference of terrorist and freedom fighter any way.

Kai

nitpicker. Or quibbler.

Neither feel as good to say as CUNT.
Quote from: MornTheOrator on November 01, 2009, 07:46:08 PM
Oh, good, a new pedant.

It comes from Latin paedagogans, as paedagogue suggests it means 'teacher'. In Italian it got to mean teacher of any kind and not just to children, finally it got into English. Shakespear still used it with that sense. Later on it got to mean some one with a penchant for præcision and accuracy and correctness. Now a lot of people use it to mean 'arrogant snob', but in the end also apply it in the former sense because it's the difference of terrorist and freedom fighter any way.

An arrogant snob. Like you.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Not so much "arrogant snob" as a person who quibbles over verbal details which are essentially insignificant to the discussion. A derailer.

Pedantic derailing is a pretty effective trolling strategy.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

Quote from: Nigel on November 01, 2009, 07:54:28 PM
Not so much "arrogant snob" as a person who quibbles over verbal details which are essentially insignificant to the discussion. A derailer.

Pedantic derailing is a pretty effective trolling strategy.

A quibbling linguistic prescriptivist?

MornTheOrator

Pfah, 'details' do not exist, a lie made up by people to justify their own mental laziness.

Besides, last time checked, I didn't derail this Nigel, you did, I was quite on topic.

the other anonymous

OOH! Can I be the topic? You can derail me anytime!

-toa,
wants someone to jack his threads

Kai

Quote from: MornTheOrator on November 01, 2009, 08:09:12 PM
Pfah, 'details' do not exist, a lie made up by people to justify their own mental laziness.

If you don't like it here, then why don't you leave?

Are you one of those ass-burgers?

MornTheOrator

Quote from: Kai on November 01, 2009, 08:21:02 PM

That's an amazing conclusion to make from my saying I don't believe in details.

I have to say I kind of like it here. Not all people seek people to agree with them you know, that's just boring.

QuoteAre you one of those ass-burgers?
Oh no, not at all, I do think I once got diagnosed schizoid personality disorder, the difference is more or less that aspies lack the ability to feel social rules and schizoids essentially are apathic to love, friendship, praise, criticism, unconcerned with though aware of how they appear et cetera. Your confusion is understandable as it kind of leads to the same thing in the end, noncompliance with social rules, the former for being unable to, the latter for having nothing to gain from it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid#Diagnostic_criteria_.28DSM-IV-TR_.3D_301.20.29

It seriously exists as a 'disorder' is the stupid part. I am disordered for putting value on different things, amazing, I can still at some point see why asperger is a disorder because you lack an antenna in that case, you lack an ability, I can see why voting republican could be a disorder, why having children could be one, but this is really 'You like football, the rest likes tennis, you have a disorder.', it is like in no way compromising your life.

Kai

Quote from: MornTheOrator on November 01, 2009, 08:29:19 PM

I have to say I kind of like it here. Not all people seek people to agree with them you know, that's just boring.

Arguing for the sake of arguing isn't 3rd or 4th C, its 2nd C. As the newbie you end up looking like an ass. Just saying.

QuoteAre you one of those ass-burgers?
Oh no, not at all, I do think I once got diagnosed schizoid personality disorder, the difference is more or less that aspies lack the ability to feel social rules and schizoids essentially are apathic to love, friendship, praise, criticism, unconcerned with though aware of how they appear et cetera. Your confusion is understandable as it kind of leads to the same thing in the end, noncompliance with social rules, the former for being unable to, the latter for having nothing to gain from it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid#Diagnostic_criteria_.28DSM-IV-TR_.3D_301.20.29

It seriously exists as a 'disorder' is the stupid part. I am disordered for putting value on different things, amazing, I can still at some point see why asperger is a disorder because you lack an antenna in that case, you lack an ability, I can see why voting republican could be a disorder, why having children could be one, but this is really 'You like football, the rest likes tennis, you have a disorder.', it is like in no way compromising your life.
[/quote]

Okay. So its a bullshit "disorder". In other words, you're just a self absorbed asshole. No medical explanation needed.

MornTheOrator

Quote from: Kai on November 01, 2009, 08:42:24 PM
Quote from: MornTheOrator on November 01, 2009, 08:29:19 PM

Arguing for the sake of arguing isn't 3rd or 4th C, its 2nd C. As the newbie you end up looking like an ass. Just saying.
My image means more to me than my life, just lying.

Okay. So its a bullshit "disorder". In other words, you're just a self absorbed asshole. No medical explanation needed.
It's say, I don't agree with psychiatry and find most 'disorders' just lumping random symptoms together and giving it a fancy quasi-greek name. I have the symptoms but tonnes of people have at least one, I just have nine out of ten.

Self absorbed arsehole, nahh, I just really am neither pained if people hate me or feel content if they love me. You can't hit me or reward me? Interesting isn't it? You have no way to force me to be how you want me to be. People can make you bow and adjust by either calling you names or calling you cool, they can annoy you with such simple things as post resulting in you having to vent that with words you find 'curses'. If a person brings you bad news you have to take it back at that person. If some one attacks some work of art you made you feel it on a personal level, if some one insults your favourite bands you feel it and often even feel anger back at that person. You continually work on the mental level to sustain your own image of contention and your mind always tries to find justifications for why you are 'right' and others are 'wrong', if other kids don't like to play with you you feel lonely, if you don't have a partner enough you either start to doubt your 'self worth' (whatever that is) or you blame it on their taste.

God, your life must suck. But the good part is it also works in reverse for you. Dude, grow up, place less attention on how people say things and more on what they say, stop trying to find a shallow justification like 'arsehole' for your feelings and trying to justify your own self worth by cursing back at some one who hasn't even made a value judgement to any one to this point, admit they are irrational, take a beer and realize that it doesn't matter that they are. No one created you to be a rational being and you aren't, you and I are bestial, instinct driven creatures that are that way today because if their ancestors weren't they wouldn't exist. The only difference is that I do not prætent I'm not because my 'disorder' removes my motivation to have a 'self worth'.

Nao: cocaine vaccines, pm me or start a new topic if you think I'm so interesting.

Suu

And by making cocaine lose it's effect, it makes you stop wanting to take it.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."