News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

ATTN RWHN: It's Time To Go To Work. Again.

Started by LMNO, October 08, 2009, 03:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Hey, RWHN:

It's like your own little slice of Hell, isn't it?  You always start the day thinking that you'll have enough time to get the things done: Sure, you can do the job thing, the wife thing, the house thing... and still have time left over to do all the small, meaningless creative projects that keep your brain alive.  But then the evening hours creep up on you, and your eyes get heavy.  And then, just like yesterday, you get up every morning from your alarm clock's warning, and take the 8:15 into the city. There's a whistle up above... people pushing, people shoving.  And the girls who try to look "pretty".  If your train's on time you can get to work by nine, and start your slaving job to get your pay.  And if you ever get annoyed, you can be "self-employed"... I love to work for nothing all day.

Suu

That song was the fucking story of my life when I worked in Boston. Especially the whole train into the city bit. Only it was the 7:15, and if it was on time, I could get to work by 9.  :x
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Dysfunctional Cunt

TCB!

Another day another dime. 

I keep thinking I want it to be different, but have no fucking clue what I will do when it is.

AFK

Quote from: LMNO on October 08, 2009, 03:14:42 PM
Hey, RWHN:

It's like your own little slice of Hell, isn't it?  You always start the day thinking that you'll have enough time to get the things done: Sure, you can do the job thing, the wife thing, the house thing... and still have time left over to do all the small, meaningless creative projects that keep your brain alive.  But then the evening hours creep up on you, and your eyes get heavy.  And then, just like yesterday, you get up every morning from your alarm clock's warning, and take the 8:15 into the city. There's a whistle up above... people pushing, people shoving.  And the girls who try to look "pretty".  If your train's on time you can get to work by nine, and start your slaving job to get your pay.  And if you ever get annoyed, you can be "self-employed"... I love to work for nothing all day.

The American Dream somewhere along the way got downsized, and put on a very tight schedule.  Or, maybe I just didn't read the fine print.  I mean, I got the house, I got the wife, I got the two kids, the two cats, but I feel that all I am able to do is maintain.  The trajectory isn't down, but, it doesn't seem to be up either.  40 hours a week so that we can all come home eat, clean up, and if we're lucky, squeeze in 30 minutes of family time before the little one needs to shower and get ready for bed.  You get all that done and then, you're already planning for tomorrow.  Oh, but at least the weekend is coming.  Oh, well, no, you've gotta fix that door on the porch.  Oh, and then you'll need to get the groceries.  Yeah, and that driveway isn't going to shovel itself. 

And....then, when I do find a few minutes to revisit my friend Danelectro and Peavey...it's like we have nothing to say. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.