News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

Kill violent videogames

Started by Dalek, October 15, 2009, 03:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalek

QuoteA German advocacy group has organized an event designed to get participants to bring their "killer games" to in order to dispose of them in a trash can.

Aktionsbündnis Amoklauf Winnenden, or Action Alliance (loosely translated), has setup the event for this Saturday, October 17 in front of the Stuttgart State Opera. One game tosser will win a signed jersey from the German national soccer team. No word on what will be done with the "donated" games, but presumably they will be smashed or discarded in some way.

GP reader Matthias noted that one image used in the group's promotion for the event appears to use a modified copy of an image designed to aid Germany in ridding use of the swastika, substituting a CD or DVD for the Nazi symbol.

The Action Alliance is made up, at least partially, of the parents of children slain earlier this year at the awful school shooting incident in Winnenden, Germany, which claimed 16 lives.

Source http://gamepolitics.com/2009/10/14/german-group-plans-killer-game-drive
Personaly I have no idea, who would ever throw away their videogames, and I really don't know what are they hoping to achieve.

In the mean time the american company Left Behind Games anounced that they are going to be releasing christian and religious games. I guess we can expect "Left 4 Ressurect", "C.H.R.I.S.T." "Half-Dead 2: Episode 1 - Resurection" and many many more!

Messier Undertree

Because book burning is passé.