News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

human virus scanner

Started by fomenter, October 10, 2009, 10:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idem

QuotePokemon
Pikachu! Use your hyper-electric-get-a-life move now!

Sci-fi
Stop wearing the stick-on ears.

Discordia
Buy a suit. Invest your money. Eat hotdog buns on a friday.

Prog Rock
Long hair looks dumb with a bald spot. Listen to CD's they don't crackle.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 12, 2009, 01:04:55 PM
Quote from: Nigel on October 12, 2009, 01:22:26 AM
Wow, it's kind of depressing me that I'm the only person here who remembers the Amiga. :(

ex-demoscener here, I have seen more Amigas in my life than I should for my age :-P for some reason, the C64 sceners were generally more fun to hang out with, but maybe that was just because the Dutch Amiga Demoscene people were a bunch of extreme losers.

I was totally into the Amiga scene... the first dialup BBS I was ever on was the Amiga Users Group support BBS, key880. The core of my social circle is still my old Amiga geek friends. Most of them are Mac users now. :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on October 12, 2009, 07:36:02 PM
Wow, it's kind of depressing me that I'm the only person here who remembers the Amiga. :(

ex-demoscener here, I have seen more Amigas in my life than I should for my age :-P for some reason, the C64 sceners were generally more fun to hang out with, but maybe that was just because the Dutch Amiga Demoscene people were a bunch of extreme losers.

I was totally into the Amiga scene... the first dialup BBS I was ever on was the Amiga Users Group support BBS, key880. The core of my social circle is still my old Amiga geek friends. Most of them are Mac users now. :lulz:

HAR! 

Another
Multi
Interface
Game
Assembler.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

La Terrorista

I kind of expected you all to already know about this. At least all of you with stumbleupon. It comes up a lot for me.

QuoteViruses you suffer from:

Pokemon
    Pikachu! Use your hyper-electric-get-a-life move now!

Linux
    Install the latest version of Microsoft Windows. Learn to love it.

Junkfood
    Eat some real food. Something which you can identify the source of every ingredient, not the point of manufacture.

Sci-fi
    Stop wearing the stick-on ears.

Cthulhu
    Read some Enid Blyton.

Gaming
    Life is not a game. Roll 3D6. On a 4 or more go out and do something with your life.

Religion
    Read "God's Debris" by Scott Adams (yes, the Dilbert guy)

Japan
    Big is good. Small is bad. Giant robots would not make a good last line of defence for Earth.

Discordia
    Buy a suit. Invest your money. Eat hotdog buns on a friday.

Windows
    Try MacOS X. It's based on UNIX, it has a smoother UI than Windows and it doesn't suck.
    As an extra feature the boxes look nice.

Politics
    Stop caring!

Brand Names
    Having a well-known name doesn't make it good.

Hippyism
    Free love is passe and potentially dangerous, and patchouli smells like cat piss.

Computer Games
    Stop staring at the screen and get some fresh air. You should see a doctor about the RSI in your thumbs.

Conspiracy Theory
    Face it, the elected government is in control. Actually that's quite scary.

Environmentalism
    Consume more stuff! It's easier to buy new stuff than to recycle.

Macintosh
    Use a mouse with more than one button.

Prog Rock
    Long hair looks dumb with a bald spot. Listen to CD's they don't crackle.

Viruses you might suffer from:

USA (80%)
    Rule, Britannia! Britannia rule the waves! [repeat]

Free BSD (95%)
    The GPL isn't that bad really. Adopt a penguin at the zoo.

Industrial (70%)
    Everyone likes folk. No, really. Maybe you should listen to the Incredible String Band.

British (95%)
    No need for cure. Benign virus.

UNIX (65%)
    Anything this old must be obselete. Go and install a nice modern operating system. I hear MSDOS has come a long way lately.

BBCB (70%)
    CTRL-Break, and get a real computer. Repeat: "Mode 7 was not a good thing."

X11 (85%)
    I hear Mac OS 10 Aqua is nice at this time of year.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Nigel on October 12, 2009, 07:36:02 PM

I loved my Amiga(s)! I took copies of my A500+ and A1200 harddrives, so now I can load them in UAE whenever I feel nostalgic. Although most of that time is spent cursing Workbench and wondering how it was that I ever found it so comfortable. I have so many bizarre old projects there too, like a modified Gravity Force II level editor for making Worms levels!?

Bu🤠ns

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 16, 2009, 03:34:31 PM
Quote from: Burns on October 16, 2009, 03:34:03 PM
<-- Commodore 64 <shrug>

Vic 20, here.  :wave:

Oh how nice...i was like 8 years old with my c-64.  As far as I was concerned it was the ONLY computer.

Jenne

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on October 16, 2009, 03:59:53 PM
:lulz:  TANDY over here.

My first system was a Heathkit.  Then a Timex Sinclair, then a Vic 20, then something with a processor.

LMNO

Jenne

Bu🤠ns