NaNoWriMo 2009?

Started by Suu, October 12, 2009, 09:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Quote from: Cainad on November 04, 2009, 09:52:48 PM
Quote from: Jenne on November 04, 2009, 07:26:41 PM
Quote from: Cainad on November 04, 2009, 05:32:54 PM
Quote from: Richter on November 03, 2009, 05:24:33 PM
Did I ever mention how glad I am that I'm NOT subjecting myself to this?

*high five*

All my mental energies are currently going into not getting sick. I'm currently the only one in my entire building who is still well.

You need to stop posting that before you jinx yourself.   Yes, I sound lame, but still.

By which you mean, 'stop being a smug prick about having a rather good immune system/being lucky' :lol: I'll stop braggin about it; it's more fun to rub it in the faces of the people coughing on my door and giving me wet willies in an attempt to infect me.

Yeah, until we hear from you how you're a-dyin' from the piggy flu!  Wet Willies?  :x  YUCK YUCK. 

Cain

I'm knackered, yesterday and today were impossible for writing.  I need to be able to think clearly, else I make mistakes, get annoyed, and start trolling political forums (which is exactly what happened yesterday and today).

Fortunately, tomorrow, I can work pretty much from 3pm-midnight uninterrupted.

Suu

I just switched over from using word to Liquid Story Binder, which lets you go into typewriter mode so you can't edit yourself or go to another program easily. It also keeps your word count in view.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on October 12, 2009, 10:40:29 PM
For the last two years, I've planned months ahead and ended up with less than a page by December (a month less productive than my average friday night on IRC), but I suppose at worst I'll just end up equalling last year's entry of a title and no document at all. I guess I'm in.

Nothing could be less productive than you on IRC.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

i have just remembered why i never participate in this, I HATE WRITING
i quit :D

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on November 04, 2009, 10:45:10 PM
Wordcount-wise?

Long-winded topic titles about the rubbish you permanently fucked up RFD with doesn't count.  So yeah.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Quote from: Suu on November 04, 2009, 10:42:09 PM
I just switched over from using word to Liquid Story Binder, which lets you go into typewriter mode so you can't edit yourself or go to another program easily. It also keeps your word count in view.

Oh?  I turn off everything except my RSS feed, my music and my word processor to get on with it.  I may occasionally fire up Wikipedia to double check a fact or two, but that's about it.

MS Word (Enterprise Blue version anyway, the one that was only meant to be for Microsoft employees...until it got leaked) has the wordcount in the bottom left corner as well, which is very helpful, I agree.  Any word processor which does that, its a good thing in my book.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 05, 2009, 04:22:15 AM
Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on November 04, 2009, 10:45:10 PM
Wordcount-wise?

Long-winded topic titles about the rubbish you permanently fucked up RFD with doesn't count.  So yeah.

I think you just gave me a subject for my NaNo 2010 entry.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Eater of Clowns

So not having done this wonderful thing before, I'm loving the totally insane shit appearing on the computer screen before me.  An excerpt:

QuoteKurt removed himself from the breakfast table, a busy piece of furniture which moonlighted as a dinner table, in between renting its services as a key holder, coat hanger, or grocery bag handler.  If Kurt knew it dabbled in the dark art of lunch he ignored it, lest his anger drive him to smash the efficient thing limb from dovetailed limb.  He went upstairs to his room to retrieve essential working supplies, returning to settle himself upon his favorite office desk, a deep cherry surface with a glossy finish that's been known to, in its mercenary spirit, accept a job or two as a breakfast table.
A gloriously long sleep having cut so far into the day followed by an elaborate breakfast and what he considered pointed political analysis put the start of his work at about 2 o'clock.  Lamenting shortly afterwards a lack of available camera crew to document his horror upon realizing that, yes, he'd done nothing until 2 o'clock, as in 2 in the afternoon, as in post meridian, he set himself to type furiously and research with a vengeance unseen in academia, a resolute goal to have an admissions representative at each graduate program acknowledge that the document they perused had been written with nothing short of pure fury.  Precisely thirteen words into his first project of the day, he remembered Todd's phone call.
"Shit," he declared to the amazingly multi purposed table of which he'd so recently grown fond.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

"the dark art of lunch" sounds vaguely worrying.

I'm still behind, but I have...well, all of this afternoon, and the weekend, to catch up.  Once Nano is over, I'll probably edit this into something much more coherent, but for now....well, mutated giant ants, the Bloop, El Chupacabra, "spiders", the Everett-Wheeler hypothesis, corrupt mercenaries, planned bio-terrorist attacks and BIG FUCKING GUNS all play a role.

LMNO

Cain, I want to read that.

Triple Zero

Just for the sake of tradition could you work the three elements of the Action Movie into it: Tits, Guns and Helicopters? :-)

[or don't, I'm sure it'll be good either way]
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Suu

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 06, 2009, 01:30:34 AM
So not having done this wonderful thing before, I'm loving the totally insane shit appearing on the computer screen before me.  An excerpt:

QuoteKurt removed himself from the breakfast table, a busy piece of furniture which moonlighted as a dinner table, in between renting its services as a key holder, coat hanger, or grocery bag handler.  If Kurt knew it dabbled in the dark art of lunch he ignored it, lest his anger drive him to smash the efficient thing limb from dovetailed limb.  He went upstairs to his room to retrieve essential working supplies, returning to settle himself upon his favorite office desk, a deep cherry surface with a glossy finish that's been known to, in its mercenary spirit, accept a job or two as a breakfast table.
A gloriously long sleep having cut so far into the day followed by an elaborate breakfast and what he considered pointed political analysis put the start of his work at about 2 o'clock.  Lamenting shortly afterwards a lack of available camera crew to document his horror upon realizing that, yes, he'd done nothing until 2 o'clock, as in 2 in the afternoon, as in post meridian, he set himself to type furiously and research with a vengeance unseen in academia, a resolute goal to have an admissions representative at each graduate program acknowledge that the document they perused had been written with nothing short of pure fury.  Precisely thirteen words into his first project of the day, he remembered Todd's phone call.
"Shit," he declared to the amazingly multi purposed table of which he'd so recently grown fond.

And that is really what it's all about.

Also, if you spell out numbers and eliminate contractions and hyphens you get more words.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."