News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

NaNoWriMo 2009?

Started by Suu, October 12, 2009, 09:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eater of Clowns

I want to maybe work on this premise from the Original Story Ideas thread.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on July 13, 2009, 05:37:28 PM
Slightly different idea in the same vein, a world where literally that which does not kill you only makes you stronger.  The entire world shifts from pain aversion to pain seeking behavior with accidental deaths skyrocketing from those trying to push their physical limits.  The survivors of such radical measures become virtually indestructible.  Governments regularly abuse their own soldiers within inches of their lives in an arms race based on superhuman combat.  Police forces need to likewise train their officers in order to combat gangs swelling with Herculean members.  "Non-lethal" methods of subduing criminals such as tazing and pepper spray are useless, as the dosage required to stop a veritable behemoth would kill any "average" human.  Our hero is a journalist investigating what brought this phenomenon about two generations ago, and stumbles upon a terrible truth.  He is hunted by private and national interests to silence his discovery, which includes how to reverse the shift.  He succeeds, only to bring society to the brink of collapse, every aspect of life having depended on our newfound strength.

It's been stuck in my head since then, but I think it would only really work as a graphic novel.  I might be able to do NaNoWriMo with panel and page layout descriptions adding to the daily word count as well as captions and dialogue.

I'm picking up Comics and Sequential Art by Will Eisner to hopefully digest before the month is out so I have some grasp as to how it all comes together.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

Today is the day!

So far.... ZERO written words!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

668 words. If I drink today I can probably do 3000 or so.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Rococo Modem Basilisk

641. Better than last year's final result.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Dysnomia

Zero words so far.  Will probably start later this evening.  It's going to be an epic love story between a man and his recently deceased girlfriend.   :fap:
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Cain

1,873.  Will probably write more tonight, too.

It's definitely HIMEOBS: the novel, its just not very funny or bizarre so far because I'm having to do scene-setting and character introductions.  All that stuff will happen later though, for sure.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Suu

I can't write on a bus. Tomorrow I'm off though so I'll bust quite a bit out and catch up.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

im doing it too now
i stole my idea from twitter, im going to write short sentences of what im doing at the moment in the blandest way possible. in third person.
ITS GONNA BE AWFUL

Dysnomia

nevermind the necrophilia love story. 

It's going to be a dramatic hunt for Waldo. 

It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Fredamir Putin on November 01, 2009, 10:35:22 PM
im doing it too now
i stole my idea from twitter, im going to write short sentences of what im doing at the moment in the blandest way possible. in third person.
ITS GONNA BE AWFUL

This beats my idea. I was planning on doing a novel in the format of the scrambled pages of an instruction manual for a nonexistent device with some pieces of people's fictional diaries and footnotes by fake post-singularity historians thrown in.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Suu

Good thing I have days off now.  :horrormirth:

1303 and counting, just in the last hour and change starting a day behind.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm gonna drink a bit with my girl-gang and then come home and write a bunch of semi-coherent shit about love, sex, and breaking up.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Herbertina Merrique V

My nick is Unknownspaceadorer, if someone happens to be interested in that particular piece of information. For example, you can add me as a buddy and brighten my day in enormous amounts, because then I can pretend I have social contacts!
The word count is something like 2700 at the moment, but I have lots of time today. (Which I apparently spend posting here. Well, fortunately I don't have teh internets at home, so I might even write something once I get home from school).

Also, Cain, I dare you to post your novel at PD.com!
THE MORALE WILL CONTINUE UNTIL DISCORDIANS IMPROVE

Ask me anything. Or else.