News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

Don't say I didn't warn you.... (lots of pics)

Started by Roaring Biscuit!, October 13, 2009, 02:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roaring Biscuit!

So yeh, I built a motherfucking canoe, it looks like this:

And it is called this:

I then i paddled it down a river with some friends, which looked like this:

Then we stopped and posed for a bit (the first is us being peter pan :)):

Then we had a floaty picnic:

And there was a cool tree:

And a dead sheep:

There was also a willow forest, and a sunset, and an awesome bridge:

And there was me paddling around on me lonesome for a little while:

And there was much ruin on the way

And we doth return home under cover of darkness:

So that was that.  In other exciting news, I am now a student.  hate me  :wink:

My travel to uni looked like this:

only kidding, i went by car really, thats just a cool picture.

x

edd

Cramulus

:mittens: -- those were great pics! Smooth looking canoe, too! I wish I had that kind of craft talent.

my favorite photos from the set:

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Dysfunctional Cunt

That is really nice.  Was it a kit or did you go from plans?

Roaring Biscuit!

it was from plans, the entire boat is basically built from scratch in that respect.  I'm glad people like it :)

@cram:  its really not as complicated as it seems, i had a helpful guide book and very little of it requires any specific craftsmanship, its just patience really.

Also, those two are among my favourite pics also, though the bridge picture doesn't really do justice to just how surreal it was going underneath it, it was just so quiet and echoey.  It was strange in a really cool way :)

Dimocritus

HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pariah

Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Roaring Biscuit!

Quote from: Agent Pariah on October 14, 2009, 04:10:21 AM
:mittens:
Jealous
Seriously.
Where is that?

thanks,

the trip was down the Ouse back towards York (where i live), which probably means very little if you're not from England.  We were really lucky with the weather though, especially considering it was at the beginning of October.  If you want some more probably useless detail: we set off from Linton-on-Ouse which is about 11km (7-8ish miles?) upstream of York.  The trip took quite a lot longer than expected (hence arriving back at night) but that was largely the time we spent dwawdling around (playing in willow forest, looking at sheep, being peter pan etc.)  There was a pub that had a little pontoon especially for river going customers, unfortunately we discovered it was shut after we had moored up.

x

EDIT:  I built the paddles too, but they aren't as good as the boat :p

The Good Reverend Roger

RB, I'd like to take a moment to thank you for having the sense to post this in B&B, instead of spagging up the pics thread.  That being said, those are some amazing pics, and nice job on the canoe.  Looks professional.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Pariah

You Brit Spags are damn lucky.

All the good rivers here are full of giant dams.
:sad:
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Agent Pariah on October 14, 2009, 05:35:48 PM
You Brit Spags are damn lucky.

All the good rivers here are full of giant concrete walls.

None of our rivers have water in them.  Except during monsoon season, then they have TOO MUCH water in them.