News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

Postergasm: Disinfomercials

Started by Cramulus, October 13, 2009, 04:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimocritus

Gotta say double thanks. I printed out a shitload of six or seven different ones. I took a pile of the campus newspapers and inserted a flyer in each one and inconspicuously put them back. It was the most fulfilling thing I've done all semester.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Cramulus

:mrgreen: hail yes!

the best thing about postergasm is making your own posters that then show up on blogs in bulgaria or some shit

make us some new posters! we'll put 'em up!

Dimocritus

Quote from: Cramulus on October 19, 2009, 10:17:26 PM
:mrgreen: hail yes!

the best thing about postergasm is making your own posters that then show up on blogs in bulgaria or some shit

make us some new posters! we'll put 'em up!

I feel like all the best stuff has been done. There's one I saw like "Don't read me, I'm embarrassed about being self-referential" that made me laugh my ass off, how can I top that?

Seriously, though, as soon as I have a better feel for it I'll be contributing something.

Dimocritus

Bah! I kind of failed by putting up posters on official school billboards. You know, the ones that have a Greyface who lives for systematically checking every board to make sure there are no unapproved flyers up. But it's given me an idea. The school billboards are stuffed so full of peoples ads competing for your attention, so obviously a poster would go easily unnoticed on one, but I was thinking that if I just put single blank pieces of paper on all of them, that would draw way more attention than the ones with actual print on them. Kind of like a minimalist mindfuck. What do you think, a waste of resources and time, or not?

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Dimocrates KSC on October 21, 2009, 01:13:57 AM
Bah! I kind of failed by putting up posters on official school billboards. You know, the ones that have a Greyface who lives for systematically checking every board to make sure there are no unapproved flyers up. But it's given me an idea. The school billboards are stuffed so full of peoples ads competing for your attention, so obviously a poster would go easily unnoticed on one, but I was thinking that if I just put single blank pieces of paper on all of them, that would draw way more attention than the ones with actual print on them. Kind of like a minimalist mindfuck. What do you think, a waste of resources and time, or not?

I actually like that idea as a gimmick. I know I'd stare at it for a few seconds, looking for wtf I was supposed to see on it.

Cramulus

I like it! another idea is to duplicate the "official" stamp which campuses use to identify legit posters. Tear the stamp off another poster, then tape it to your poster and photocopy it. A scanner works too.

This is not a long-term solution, but it will give them pause.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Cramulus on October 21, 2009, 02:43:14 PM
I like it! another idea is to duplicate the "official" stamp which campuses use to identify legit posters. Tear the stamp off another poster, then tape it to your poster and photocopy it. A scanner works too.

This. Gives them pause, and whomever controls the almighty Rubber Stamp of Approval will be pissed right the fuck off. :lulz:  Good fun.

Dimocritus

Quote from: Cramulus on October 21, 2009, 02:43:14 PM

That's a great idea. The only thing better would be to somehow get the stamp. I get out of class really early tomorrow, so I'll have the whole afternoon to participate in some fuckery. I've actually recruited someone in the process, which makes it twice as much fun.

Dimocritus

Meh, during my poster blitz today I put up a few blank pages on really busy boards, but it was not nearly as gratifying as I thought it would be. It needs something.

I was thinking of maybe blank pages with a little stamp in the corner saying "Not Approved by the Dean of Students" in the corner and that's it. Either that or "This Page Purposely Left Blank." Maybe throw a little Discordian stamp on there somewhere.