News:

My opinion > Your opinion

Main Menu

What part of the body is YOUR city?

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, October 14, 2009, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

LMNO and I have established that Boston is the liver of America, collecting its poisons and pissing them out into the ocean.

Tucson is the appendix.  It just sort of sits in interior, and does nothing but fester and turn bad.

What organ is your city an analogue of, and why?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

The appendix, it has no fuction.

Bournemouth nearby, however, is a vein.  That's where the drugs go in.

Richter

Providence is the Gall Bladder.  Strange substances, bitterness at being a second fiddle to the Liver, and could likely be removed without great loss.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on October 14, 2009, 05:59:58 PM

I'd have thought that your city would be the tailbone.  It's only function is to cause pain.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Cain on October 14, 2009, 05:59:58 PM

:mittens: Troof.

Requia ☣

Salt Lake is a major artery.  The juncture of two major highways, with the railroads passing right through the city.  Everything pases through here sooner or later, sometimes it gets stuck like bad cholesterol and drives around during rush hour for the next 30 years, clogging up traffic.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

AFK

Auburn and Lewiston are eyes.  Auburn is a normal eye, Lewiston is the wandering, twitchy eye that is always red and burning. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Seattle's the vagina and San Francisco is the asshole, so Portland's probably the taint.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eater of Clowns

New Bedford is the armpit.  If Massachusetts is an arm, that is exactly where we're located.

Also it's smelly, oily, and hairy at parts.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

AFK

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on October 14, 2009, 08:44:06 PM
New Bedford is the armpit.  If Massachusetts is an arm, that is exactly where we're located.

Also it's smelly, oily, and hairy at parts.

Well, yeah, it's in Massachussetts.   :D
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

singer

My town is the sticky, stretchy, embarrassing booger you meant to quickly pick and flick and forget.. but you can't get to fall off your fingertips fast enough.

And just when you think it's gone for good, there it is, clinging to the side of a knuckle like a slimy secret hitchhiker, a little darker and thicker than you remembered it, so that long after you believe you have finally scraped the last of it off of you,  the unpleasant suspicion of its persistent adhesive power haunts you into a futile attempt to rub phantom bits of phlegm out of your fingerprints.
"Magic" is one of the fundamental properties of "Reality"

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: singer on October 14, 2009, 09:56:26 PM
My town is the sticky, stretchy, embarrassing booger you meant to quickly pick and flick and forget.. but you can't get to fall off your fingertips fast enough.

And just when you think it's gone for good, there it is, clinging to the side of a knuckle like a slimy secret hitchhiker, a little darker and thicker than you remembered it, so that long after you believe you have finally scraped the last of it off of you,  the unpleasant suspicion of its persistent adhesive power haunts you into a futile attempt to rub phantom bits of phlegm out of your fingerprints.

You live in either Lowell or New Jersey?
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Suu

Quote from: Richter on October 14, 2009, 06:04:38 PM
Providence is the Gall Bladder.  Strange substances, bitterness at being a second fiddle to the Liver, and could likely be removed without great loss.

Pawtucket is some sort of benign cancerous growth on the gall bladder. You don't want it there, but until it becomes malignant, you can ignore it. Besides, you don't have the money for surgery and Neighborhood Health Care of Rhode Island is a scam anyway.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Kai

My town? Its a mole, considered a beauty mark by some and a hairy future site of melanoma by others.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

BabylonHoruv

Probably the Colon. There's a lot of pizza here, a lot of drugs, and the town is absolutely full of shit.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl