News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

Warning: Do not let a 6 year old hijack your hot-air ballon

Started by Iason Ouabache, October 15, 2009, 08:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da6s

Just in: This family was on Wife Swap. I formally declare shenanigans.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

AFK

It's always a good idea to let small children play with huge hot air balloons.  That could never go wrong ever.  Hey guys, I'm thinking of building a trebuchet in my backyard, should I have my 5 year old hold down the bucket while I tie it down? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

:x  I said to myself I wouldn't look at this thread again or post in it.  But High Weirdness is in effect today, so, fuckit. 

:x

Suu

Chances are, the kid is hiding somewhere, scared shitless that his parents are going to beat him for letting the balloon go, not even realizing what the hell is going on.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

With all the news coverage on him...guess the prospect of him "falling out" is low?  Or at least him falling out and no one noticing.  So bizarre--the whole thing!

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Da6s on October 15, 2009, 09:02:03 PM
Just in: This family was on Wife Swap. I formally declare shenanigans.
Yep. Starting to sound really fishy.

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSTRE59E5H720091015

QuoteRescue crews rushed to the scene after being told the boy had climbed inside the balloon before it became untethered at his family's home in Fort Collins, but the boy was not found.

"The bottom of (the balloon) is contained and hasn't been breached," Eloise Campanella of Larimer County Sheriff's Department told CNN shortly after the balloon landed.

"So at this point we are thinking he did not fall out of it. He has to be somewhere on the ground near his home."

A spokeswoman for the county sheriff said deputies were searching for him in his neighborhood.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: RWH1N1 on October 15, 2009, 10:13:59 PM
It's always a good idea to let small children play with huge hot air balloons.  That could never go wrong ever.  Hey guys, I'm thinking of building a trebuchet in my backyard, should I have my 5 year old hold down the bucket while I tie it down? 

I'm pretty sure Little People, Big World already did that one.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Suu

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Suu on October 15, 2009, 11:18:16 PM
THEY FOUND HIM!

He was home all along.

:horrormirth:
:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: Let the Media Circus begin!!!

Or continue, actually. Whatever.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quoteas he hurled through the air.

hurled? Really, media?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Da6s on October 15, 2009, 09:00:57 PM
I wasn't watching, merely reading, and mainly just to see the media lose it's freaking mind over balloonboy.

In all honesty, here's what i think happened: Obnoxious little shit releases mommy and daddy's expensive science balloon (for kicks of course). Balloon floats away, kid realizes he's an obnoxious little shit and hides.

Now the cops get to play hide and seek with him.

Who called it? That's right. Da6s called it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."