News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

communing with Eris: An Epiphany

Started by QuestionsTheSoil, September 04, 2023, 03:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuestionsTheSoil

In a trance in which I was connected to the higher plane of existence (which coincidentally only happens when I smell that lovely Gorilla Glue in the tool chest), I communed with Eris, the Goddess of Chaos, the most holy. It was then I had an Epiphany:
"Is devotion to a Goddess of Chaos in itself anti-chaos? Does devotion to a figurehead not imply an order, a hierarchy of some sort?"
Her voice filled my mind, and her words echoed in my very being:
"Ok you fucking loser"
After throwing up 2 times in the bathtub and 3 more times in front of my couch, I realized that I must spread these words of wisdom.
Surely, they must resonate with wise scholars such as yourselves. 
Lunatic Zoomer Garbage and Unholy Androgyne
I have questions that can be answered with bottles of teeth
I sift through the broken ideas of the anomalous subconscious

QuestionsTheSoil

The Goddess has revealed to me my Holy Name:
Killyurs Elf
Lunatic Zoomer Garbage and Unholy Androgyne
I have questions that can be answered with bottles of teeth
I sift through the broken ideas of the anomalous subconscious

Faust

The edge is so sharp it tore open a portal in the space time continuem and escaped 2005
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

QuestionsTheSoil

#4
Quote from: Faust on September 05, 2023, 08:34:54 AM
The edge is so sharp it tore open a portal in the space time continuem and escaped 2005
Back before the internet sucked ass. God bless tech monopolies for shrinking the web to primarily 4 websites.

On a tangentially related note, I was on my state's voter registration site and it had that glorious "this website was meant for computers from 1997" border. Any other burgerlanders relate?
Lunatic Zoomer Garbage and Unholy Androgyne
I have questions that can be answered with bottles of teeth
I sift through the broken ideas of the anomalous subconscious

QuestionsTheSoil

Lunatic Zoomer Garbage and Unholy Androgyne
I have questions that can be answered with bottles of teeth
I sift through the broken ideas of the anomalous subconscious

hooplala

Quote from: QuestionsTheSoil on September 04, 2023, 03:01:56 AMIn a trance in which I was connected to the higher plane of existence (which coincidentally only happens when I smell that lovely Gorilla Glue in the tool chest), I communed with Eris, the Goddess of Chaos, the most holy. It was then I had an Epiphany:
"Is devotion to a Goddess of Chaos in itself anti-chaos? Does devotion to a figurehead not imply an order, a hierarchy of some sort?"
Her voice filled my mind, and her words echoed in my very being:
"Ok you fucking loser"
After throwing up 2 times in the bathtub and 3 more times in front of my couch, I realized that I must spread these words of wisdom.
Surely, they must resonate with wise scholars such as yourselves. 

Disorder is a part of Chaos.

Order is also a part of Chaos.

This elementary.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

FreeAgent

Quote from: QuestionsTheSoil on September 05, 2023, 10:42:07 PMOn a tangentially related note, I was on my state's voter registration site and it had that glorious "this website was meant for computers from 1997" border. Any other burgerlanders relate?
I'm not a burgerlander I don't think, but technically I was on the internet back when it was mostly universities (I was young but I knew enough English to understand most of what's going on). I think moving applications (like forums :)) to the web was a mistake. The internet was cooler before the web took it over.

On the original topic I don't have much to comment. Maximum entropy is the eventual fate of all thermodynamic systems. The path there contains chaotic whirlpools of order. Life is composed of ordered things but accelerates chaos by its nature. Thus chaos breeds ordered life to create more chaos. Or something.