News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

Film Flam

Started by Dimocritus, October 15, 2009, 11:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 08, 2011, 11:16:14 PM
I will attempt to see Thor for two reasons:

1.  Kat Dennings is in it, and she is unfreakingbelievably beautiful.

2.  In vain hope that the sequel will be Beta Ray Bill and we can see an orange horse throwing hammers at people in space.

That would be freakin' awesome.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Faust

Beta Ray Bill is a far more interesting character then Thor, I'd love to see some proper Space stuff with himself and even the silver surfer.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Luna on May 08, 2011, 10:29:23 PM
Reviews on Thor from people who've seen it have been generally positive.

I may try to find time next week to catch it.

The reviews I read gave it a hammering.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Placid Dingo on May 09, 2011, 03:35:42 AM

ISN'T THIS THREAD PAINFUL ENOUGH!?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Luna

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 09, 2011, 03:37:24 AM

Honestly.

I read a couple of reviews that said the reaction was thundering applause.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Suu

Anyways. I finally saw Kick Ass today. It was good, not quite what I expected, which I think was more humor. It actually gets quite serious and violent, which was a nice spin.

Scott Pilgrim VS The World, however, is now probably in my top 10 movies of all time. It's fucking amazing.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Suu the Infallible on May 09, 2011, 03:58:19 AM

Anyways. I finally saw Kick Ass today. It was good, not quite what I expected, which I think was more humor. It actually gets quite serious and violent, which was a nice spin.

Scott Pilgrim VS The World, however, is now probably in my top 10 movies of all time. It's fucking amazing.

'I need to pee on her' is the best example of something funny that is super hard to explain being turned into a clear and quick joke.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Suu

That and "I'm in lesbians with you."

And the Vegan Police. I was in stitches with the Vegan Police.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Xooxe

YAY IT'S THIS THREAD!!!!

Survive Style 5+ is the most interesting nonsense I've seen in ages. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEH7nDkiPEk

Quote from: imdbA man continually trying and failing to get his wife to stay dead; a self-absorbed ad agency creative director who comes up with one unworkable inane idea after another; a British hitman who only wants to know everyone's function in life; and an unfortunate office worker and father whose brain is left scrambled after a stage hypnotist is murdered in mid-performance. Starting off as unrelated plot lines, they intertwine with each other as they continue on their respective ways.

If any of it had a point then I missed it.

Quote from: Suu the Infallible on May 09, 2011, 03:58:19 AMScott Pilgrim VS The World, however, is now probably in my top 10 movies of all time. It's fucking amazing.

I hated it apart from that guy sat on the ziggurat throne. Never seen anything more pretentious.  :lol:

Cain

Yeah, but people in general are retarded.

I agree with Faust that it looks bad, but I may still check it out.

Anyway, I recently saw The Lincoln Lawyer on DVD and I would suggest if you want a competent legal thriller to give it a go.  Matthew McConaughey plays his part well, and though you'll probably figure where the ultimate ending of the film is going to go, it is interesting to see how it gets there.  It's not brilliant, but it doesn't have to be in order to compete with most films out currently.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 09, 2011, 03:37:24 AM

:x
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

In case anyone hasn't seen it yet give Brick a look, I was watching it again last night and its still stunning.

Suu

Quote from: Xooxe on May 09, 2011, 07:19:04 AM
I hated it apart from that guy sat on the ziggurat throne. Never seen anything more pretentious.  :lol:

I've found that people that hate it haven't put any significant time toward playing video games or reading graphic novels in their life. Not saying that this is a BAD thing, but it's definitely aimed toward a specific genre of geek.

Faust

Quote from: Suu the Infallible on May 09, 2011, 12:18:21 PM
Quote from: Xooxe on May 09, 2011, 07:19:04 AM

I've found that people that hate it haven't put any significant time toward playing video games or reading graphic novels in their life. Not saying that this is a BAD thing, but it's definitely aimed toward a specific genre of geek.
It references a lot of stuff, and while it has its own narrative the full story doesn't come across as well as it did in the comics, of course it never could given the amount of material and the average length of a film.
I loved it, but there are too many geek references for wide appeal.

Suu

I haven't read the graphic novels yet. I really need to.