News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

Film Flam

Started by Dimocritus, October 15, 2009, 11:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

I also want to put in my praise for Scott Pilgrim.  I thought it was fantastic, and the way it played with formalism was excellent.

hooplala

Yeah, I liked it a lot better than I thought I would. 

It even made Casa Loma seem almost interesting.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Quote from: Suu the Infallible on May 09, 2011, 12:32:07 PM
I haven't read the graphic novels yet. I really need to.

I stumbled at the artwork.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Suu

Dartmouth Fett was saying how it's the official movie of the generation right after ours. Apparently Donnie Darko is ours.  :|
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

You mean it isn't Reality Bites?  Stupid lying movie promos!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

That would have been like 2 before us. Though directly before us I said Empire Records. We were going for like 5 year spreads. That "pivotal" movie that defined your high school graduation. For me it was totally Episode I, but I'm special.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

For me it was the Gremlins, but I'm furry.  

and cute and adorable and I live with an old Japanese dude. 

Suu

Now I know to never feed you after midnight.

AFK

Whoever came up with that one should've been fired.  It's ALWAYS after midnight.

hooplala

Quote from: Suu the Infallible on May 09, 2011, 02:33:25 PM
That would have been like 2 before us. Though directly before us I said Empire Records. We were going for like 5 year spreads. That "pivotal" movie that defined your high school graduation. For me it was totally Episode I, but I'm special.

I graduated high school in 1993.  Our film was Linklater's Slacker.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

*GrumpButt*

Unfortunately it seems like the only movies that I can sit and watch, that keep my attention, are bright and shiny animated flicks.
*sigh* You have to be kidding me.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: *GrumpButt* on May 09, 2011, 05:07:50 PM
Unfortunately it seems like the only movies that I can sit and watch, that keep my attention, are bright and shiny animated flicks.

Animated or anime?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

*GrumpButt*

More animated than Anime.

Wait does Pokemon count? I Loves me some Pokemon.

I think the problem is that my attn span can't stay connected to the screen unless there is something bright and shiny moving around on it.

AFK

You can't go wrong with most of the Pixar movies.  The only one I didn't really care for all that much was Cars.  I thought Up and Wall-E were both pretty good.  I really liked Wall-E for the fact that it was able to tell a good portion of its story without any dialogue.  I would really like to see them take a crack at a modern-day silent-film. 

*GrumpButt*

Quote from: R.W.H.N. on May 09, 2011, 05:17:43 PM

You can't go wrong with most of the Pixar movies.  The only one I didn't really care for all that much was Cars.  I thought Up and Wall-E were both pretty good.  I really liked Wall-E for the fact that it was able to tell a good portion of its story without any dialogue.  I would really like to see them take a crack at a modern-day silent-film. 

Year Cars ehhh.. Love Wall-E. It is an awesome movie.   Up was great too.