News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

Film Flam

Started by Dimocritus, October 15, 2009, 11:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Pirates is fun, if peppered full of plot holes.
Insidious is scary until the last half hour at which point it goes to shit.
That's all I've seen of the recent crop.
If source code is still in though I doubt it is, it was excellent.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Insidious lost me the moment astral projection came into play.

There is simply no way to make astral projection scary, not now or ever.

Faust

What's scary is trying to come up with a reasonable explanation as to why the writer and director ever thought it could be a good idea to put that in. It felt way too similar to the climax of Poltergeist, but executed in a really shitty and derivative way.

Quote from: Cain on May 26, 2011, 08:55:56 AM
Insidious lost me the moment astral projection came into play.

There is simply no way to make astral projection scary, not now or ever.

Ever tried ketamine?

LMNO

Quote from: Nigel on May 26, 2011, 06:52:24 AM
Does anyone know of any good movies that are out right now? I have a movie date on Monday and I have no idea.

Bridesmaids is kind of funny, for a given value of Kristen Wiig. 

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Isidious lost me as soon as the blinky red letters came on at the beginning

that is seriously the worst movie i have ever seen

Freeky

Quote from: The Fred ⊂(◉‿◉)つ on May 26, 2011, 01:06:53 PM
Isidious lost me as soon as the blinky red letters came on at the beginning

that is seriously the worst movie i have ever seen
:lulz:

Also, nice avatar, Fred.  :D

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"Source Code" is still playing at Fox Towers! I will look up Bridesmaids, though holy shit I might have a hard time convincing him on that one.

Thanks for the suggestions!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

I liked "The Priest"--it was comic book-y, like most movies made from graphic novels can be, but still good enough for special effectiveness.  Pirates was Pirates--I heart Johnny Depp, no matter what shit role he's in, and there was enough wanking dialogue to keep you smirking if not belly-laughing.  And it was a good summer movie to take my kidlets to.

I tend to watch movies like Bridesmaids at home unless I'm on a "girls night out" and that's what the other chicks wanna see.  I like seeing the shoot-em-up ones on the big screen for effect.

Faust

I'm just back from Hanna, its excellent.

Jenne

My kid and husband saw that--looked kickass.  I think it's out of our theaters by now, though. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on May 28, 2011, 07:38:43 PM
I'm just back from Hanna, its excellent.

Thanks Faust! Did you think it was as good as Source Code? Better? Those are currently the movies on my list of contenders.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

Yes its better then source code. Not that source code is bad, but Hanna is more polished, I won't say more if you're going to see either of them.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on May 28, 2011, 09:20:42 PM
Yes its better then source code. Not that source code is bad, but Hanna is more polished, I won't say more if you're going to see either of them.

Awesome, thank you! :)

Xooxe

Why do Russian films have some guy talking over the audio track instead of subs? :argh!: