News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

Film Flam

Started by Dimocritus, October 15, 2009, 11:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:crankey:

ACTUALLY, MAYBE THIS TIME THIS THREAD WILL FIX MY LIFE.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

Super 8 is a load of ol' rubbish.
don't bother.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Yeah, I wasn't especially impressed either.  Seems like both Spielberg and Abrams are just playing to their past successes, with all of the lack of originality that it implies.

Cuddlefish

Watched "The Greatest Movie Ever Sold" last night. Not as good as I hoped. It lacked any kind of edge, and it seemed, to me, anyway, to not have much of an actual angle. Though, the one part when they showed a country that banned all public advertisements (for the life of me, can't remember which country, ATM) was really cool. Sort of surreal to see what a city ACTUALLY looks like underneath all the billboards.

Also, broke out "Shaolin Soccer" the other day for the first time in a while. Great movie. Good times.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

wudgar

Naked Lunch

Burn, Hollywood Burn

RHPS

Fear and Loathing
Shameless whoring; www.zazzle.com/wudgar

Xooxe

Watched a whole bunch of films by a Finnish guy called Aki Kaurismaki and they were all about people getting laid off in tough times. All of them.

They would be depressing if they didn't each have a positive message.

Cain

Quote from: Xooxe on August 14, 2011, 09:19:59 PM
Watched a whole bunch of films by a Finnish guy called Aki Kaurismaki and they were all about people getting laid off in tough times. All of them.

They would be depressing if they didn't each have a positive message.

That sounds pretty much what I'd expect from Finland.  Tough times and depression.  And vodka.  Perhaps the occasional beserk Russian.

Anything in particular you'd recommend?

Xooxe

I enjoyed Drifting Clouds, Ariel, and The Man Without a Past the most.

Cain

Thanks.  I'll look into them.

Triple Zero

just saw "Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel", british comedy film with the guy from IT crowd (not Moss from my avatar, the other one), was pretty good :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrowâ„¢
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Gordon C

Quote from: Nigel on August 14, 2011, 07:39:45 PM

That was a pivotal moment in the life of this thread.
:lulz:
"the invisible boogie man could never be more ever-present"

Freeky

Quote from: Nigel on August 14, 2011, 07:39:45 PM

THREAD REDEEMED!  :jebus:

President Television

So I just watched Event Horizon.
I didn't find it scary or disturbing at all. I think it's because I saw this before I watched the movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzYR4IQ_kM
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Cain

Quote from: Uncle Wallified on August 15, 2011, 04:58:35 AM
So I just watched Event Horizon.
I didn't find it scary or disturbing at all. I think it's because I saw this before I watched the movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzYR4IQ_kM

:lol:

Yeah, that'd probably do it.  Nightmare retardant, right there.

Placid Dingo

Green Lantern.

Worth watching if you like, have never seen a superhero movie before.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.