Author Topic: Film Flam  (Read 103228 times)

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
Re: Film Flam
« Reply #840 on: July 22, 2020, 07:03:08 pm »
So, I have recently been watching Narcos: Mexico on Netflix, and I have questions.

Well, mostly one question really: how long is this planned to go on for? Starting with the formation of the Guadalajara cartel and making Kiki Camarena the focus point of the first season is a good starting point, don't get me wrong. But it's the mid-1980s in season 2, and from what I'm seeing (I'm only a few episodes in) this is dealing with the alliance with the Gulf Cartel and probably leading up to Gallardo's arrest.

Which would bring the timeline up to 1989 for the end of the season.

Given the drug war is still going on right now, and the factions involved can be traced directly back to the Guadalajara cartel's business model, I'm curious where they see this series ending up. Chapo's obviously intended to have a big role, but that story takes the timeline up to 2016 on its own. A lot happened between 1989 and 2016, including the formation of new cartels and paramilitarised "patriotic" groups to fight them, the formation of Los Zetas and their defection from the Gulf Cartel, and the ultimate rise of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel once Chapo was extradited.

That's...a lot of seasons.

chaotic neutral observer

• not a real discordian
  • Outlandish
  • I saw what you did and I'm okay with it
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: July 29, 2020, 08:22:49 pm »
"Gee that hurt, Doc.  That hurt plenty."

"This place is full of pain, Calypso.  You're hurt, Collins... Collins and Munsey are dead, and the others...all those others.  Why do they do it?  They never get away with it.  Alcatraz, Atlanta, Leavenworth...  It's been tried in a hundred ways from as many places.  It always fails.  But they keep trying.  Why do they do it?"

"I don't know, Doc.  But whenever you got men in prison, they're gonna want to get out."

"But they'll learn.  They must!  Nobody escapes.  Nobody ever really escapes."

--Brute Force
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

picoli

• Known
  • SPAG
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 01, 2020, 10:03:23 pm »

"Natural Born Killers"

"The City of Lost Children"

"Die Nibelungen"

i know theres some more i like, but i always have a hard time remembering. (I have more of a musical memory)

I love the last one, would recommend it