Film Flam

Started by Dimocritus, October 15, 2009, 11:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

:lulz: @ the comment:

"Think Kill Bill meets Looney Toons"

LMNO

I also wanted to mention...

If you want to spend an evening looking deep into the gaping asshole that is humanity, you should watch Lars Von Trier's "People Suck" trilogy: Breaking the Waves, Dancer In The Dark, and Dogville.

Please unload all firearms before watching.

Richter

The Wind and the Lion
13th Warriror
Sword of the Stranger
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Rob Roy
Alone in the Wilderness  (Yeah, documentary, fuck off.)

Rest of my favorites have already been mentioned.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Kai

Quote from: Richter on October 20, 2009, 01:40:35 PM
The Wind and the Lion
13th Warriror
Sword of the Stranger
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Rob Roy
Alone in the Wilderness  (Yeah, documentary, fuck off.)

Rest of my favorites have already been mentioned.

Italicized are two of my favorites.

Other than Jurassic Park, I don't really know of any others.  The only movie I own is Pulp Fiction, but I'm not sure I'd consider that a favorite.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Faust

I'll pick out some of my favorites that haven't been mentioned yet.

Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf? Brilliant dialog, vicious film, don't look up spoilers.
Suddenly, Last summer Liz Taylor is great, but Katherine Hepburn is fantastic, kind of homophobic film but a tragic story nonetheless.
El topo alejandro jodorowsky makes really bizarre films but this one is less of an assault then The holy mountain and its my favorite of his.

Aeon flux the series This last one is a series but its definitely worth a look, it uses a thin veil of sci-fi to drive a story which is effectively nothing more then an exploration of a love/hate relationship between the two main characters.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on October 20, 2009, 03:26:26 PM

Aeon flux the series This last one is a series but its definitely worth a look, it uses a thin veil of sci-fi to drive a story which is effectively nothing more then an exploration of a love/hate relationship between the two main characters.

I really liked Aeon Flux when it was an animated short on Liquid Telivision.
I guess I felt that It lost something when it had dialogue.

Faust

Quote from: Z³ on October 20, 2009, 09:19:18 PM
Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on October 20, 2009, 03:26:26 PM

I really liked Aeon Flux when it was an animated short on Liquid Telivision.
I guess I felt that It lost something when it had dialogue.
It changed its feel a lot. I started with the episodes with dialog, Some of them are great.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Quote from: LMNO on October 20, 2009, 01:08:53 PM
I also wanted to mention...

If you want to spend an evening looking deep into the gaping asshole that is humanity, you should watch Lars Von Trier's "People Suck" trilogy: Breaking the Waves, Dancer In The Dark, and Dogville.

Please unload all firearms before watching.

I've seen the first two, not the third.
Probably a good way to ease yourself into some serious malaise with Ingmar Bergman.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I hate this whole thread so much. Irrationally. There is no real reason for me to hate it, but I do. I mostly just hate the title. It's not even a PUN. It's just a horrifically stupid play on words. I HATE IT.

THREAD, YOU ARE THE RECEPTACLE OF ALL OF TODAY'S HATE.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Do you ever just have a kneejerk hatred of something for no real reason? Like a color, or a dog, or a neighbor's sweater? Because that is how I feel about this thread. I was OK with it for a day or two, because I assumed it would die. Now I can see that it will never die, and I will have to look at it every time I log on here, forever, probably for the rest of my life or until civilization ends or the internet becomes obsolete.

This thread is ruining my life. I am going into my studio and using new glass that I got today and all of my beads are going to turn out like this thread.

Thread, I hate you. You are my nemesis. Until you die, I will do nothing with my life but rage, rage and plot for your downfall. I will pray for a database corruption that will erase your very existence.

DIE DIE DIE.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Messier Undertree

Messier Undertree

The title is sort of annoying, I guess.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on October 20, 2009, 11:32:46 PM
Do you ever just have a kneejerk hatred of something for no real reason? Like a color, or a dog, or a neighbor's sweater? Because that is how I feel about this thread. I was OK with it for a day or two, because I assumed it would die. Now I can see that it will never die, and I will have to look at it every time I log on here, forever, probably for the rest of my life or until civilization ends or the internet becomes obsolete.

This thread is ruining my life. I am going into my studio and using new glass that I got today and all of my beads are going to turn out like this thread.

Thread, I hate you. You are my nemesis. Until you die, I will do nothing with my life but rage, rage and plot for your downfall. I will pray for a database corruption that will erase your very existence.

DIE DIE DIE.

This.

Incidentally, this is how I feel about monkeys.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Quote from: Nigel on October 20, 2009, 11:32:46 PM

DIE DIE DIE.

I will singlehandedly keep this thread alive just to spite you for your irrational ability to ignore something mildly annoying.
You can spare yourself by quitting all internets.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Malachite on October 20, 2009, 11:35:57 PM
wat

Quote from: Malachite on October 20, 2009, 11:36:20 PM
The title is sort of annoying, I guess.

:potd:

Between both those posts, you made me laugh ridiculously hard. God, I need to get back to work. What am I doing.