News:

PD.com: The culmination of the 'Ted Stevens Plan'

Main Menu

Film Flam

Started by Dimocritus, October 15, 2009, 11:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

that scene where they repeatedly shoot the cop with shotguns at point blank range?

hilarious!

mel brooks is a genius!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Dimocrates KSC on October 23, 2009, 04:08:28 AM
Quote from: Z³ on October 23, 2009, 04:01:02 AM
Quote from: Dimocrates KSCI hear Daron Aronofsky is doing the new Robo-Cop.
I think that might be kind of cool.

Knowing his track record, I'd have to agree.
Nah, his next movie is an adaptation of 101 Dalmations, where he drowns them in buckets one by one while reading selected Ann Rand quotes.

God I hate that miserable motherfucker.

AFK

Who is Ann Rand?  Is she related to Raggedy Ann and Andy? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Faust

Quote from: fictionpuss on October 23, 2009, 07:32:04 AM

Nah, his next movie is an adaptation of 101 Dalmations, where he drowns them in buckets one by one while reading selected Ann Rand quotes.

The fountain isn't miserable at all. I love that film. Sure the subject matter is death but its actually quite upbeat about it.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO on October 23, 2009, 05:29:35 AM
Incidentally:

FILM FLAM MEME FLIM.

In related news, I would like to state that I AM NOT ZURTOK EITHER

and I have a completely neutral stance regarding Mexicans, for I can't really recall ever having met one in my life.

except that this movie Desperado was in Mexico right? cause that movie was awesome. it's sequel however (with Johnny Depp) was not.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

However, the DVD commentary track has his recipe for Puerco Pibil, and it is fucking AWESOME. 

So good, you'll want to shoot the cook!

Captain Utopia

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on October 23, 2009, 11:26:23 AM

The fountain isn't miserable at all. I love that film. Sure the subject matter is death but its actually quite upbeat about it.
I have only seen Requiem for a Dream and The Wrestler - if indeed he has created a film without pathologically seeking out and amplifying every emotionally traumatising moment possible - I still have no motivation to give him another chance.

Triple Zero

the Pistolero tune is pretty swote as well, though I have to admit I like the Juno Reactor version a lot more than the original :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Dimocritus

Quote from: fictionpuss on October 23, 2009, 01:49:29 PM

Nah, his next movie is an adaptation of 101 Dalmatians, where he drowns them in buckets one by one while reading selected Ann Rand quotes.

I have only seen Requiem for a Dream and The Wrestler - if indeed he has created a film without pathologically seeking out and amplifying every emotionally traumatizing moment possible - I still have no motivation to give him another chance.

Umm, can't deal with a little emotion, or do just not like it when a movie makes you notice you have them? He's a great frikkin' director. And yes, the fountain was great (possibly my favorite by him). Furthermore, if he did Robo-Cop, you know where gonna get scary glimpses into his head. It'll be awesome.
Though, I suppose no one can really top Mel Brooks.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

The Good Reverend Roger

This fread still makes me want to jam my dick in a light socket.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 23, 2009, 04:42:06 PM

Isn't that what you did last night?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on October 23, 2009, 04:43:09 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 23, 2009, 04:42:06 PM

Isn't that what you did last night?

Yes.  Yes it is.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Dimocrates KSC on October 23, 2009, 03:53:03 PM
Quote from: fictionpuss on October 23, 2009, 01:49:29 PM

Nah, his next movie is an adaptation of 101 Dalmatians, where he drowns them in buckets one by one while reading selected Ann Rand quotes.

I have only seen Requiem for a Dream and The Wrestler - if indeed he has created a film without pathologically seeking out and amplifying every emotionally traumatizing moment possible - I still have no motivation to give him another chance.

Umm, can't deal with a little emotion, or do just not like it when a movie makes you notice you have them? He's a great frikkin' director.
Don't try to bait me Dimo, for I am a master baiter, and you'll just end up getting the short end of the stick in any toss up we have. Unless you succeed, and I seem to recall a photo somewhere suggesting that might likely.

Watch those films again, every scene is the most contrived and wrung out after school special melodrama played for maximum impact by someone who just wants to make their audience suffer. There is a certain beauty and craftsmanship to the way he portrays his psychosis, but there is no point to it, no dramatic validation. It's just cynical manipulation of an audience too stupid to realise that just because something makes you feel cold and empty, that doesn't make it art. Fuck him. He's the cinematic equivalent of Coldplay. (based upon the two films of his I've seen)

Oh yeah, here's that photo:

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: fictionpuss on October 23, 2009, 08:22:20 PM

Watch those films again, every scene is the most contrived and wrung out after school special melodrama played for maximum impact by someone who just wants to make their audience suffer. There is a certain beauty and craftsmanship to the way he portrays his psychosis, but there is no point to it, no dramatic validation. It's just cynical manipulation of an audience too stupid to realise that just because something makes you feel cold and empty, that doesn't make it art. Fuck him. He's the cinematic equivalent of Coldplay. (based upon the two films of his I've seen)

All bolded text can apply to the Coen brothers and that's what most argue make them good directors.

And for this post, whenever I click on updated topics I'm going to see this trainwreck of a thread.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.