Main Menu

Film Flam

Started by Dimocritus, October 15, 2009, 11:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: Sigmatic on April 22, 2010, 07:14:59 AM
Quote from: Suu on April 14, 2010, 07:30:22 PM
Quote from: Sigmatic on April 09, 2010, 06:00:04 AM
Favorite movie of all time: Baron Von Munchausen. 

General Stuart will love you for life.

"Your reality sir, is lies and balderdash!"

And I, for one, want no part of it!

...Odd that he and I share that taste.  I've never met anyone else who really loves it.

He wants to dress up as him for Dragon*Con next year, of course, in the fancy coat he's wearing in the court of the Grand Turk. FML.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jasper

I dressed like that for high school prom.  Fucking cool. :lol:

Quote from: Sigmatic on April 22, 2010, 07:14:59 AM
Quote from: Suu on April 14, 2010, 07:30:22 PM
Quote from: Sigmatic on April 09, 2010, 06:00:04 AM
Favorite movie of all time: Baron Von Munchausen. 

General Stuart will love you for life.

"Your reality sir, is lies and balderdash!"

And I, for one, want no part of it!

...Odd that he and I share that taste.  I've never met anyone else who really loves it.

Really? I'm kind of surprised by that.
I mean, it IS a Gilliam joint, his films are generally universally praised.

Jasper

Yeah, but BvM is his least liked film, I am reliably informed.

Eater of Clowns

http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=27672

A bit more details on "Alien 0" the prequel done by Ridley Scott.  Quick overview:

-Set 30 years before Alien
-Female lead, not Sigourney Weaver
-potentially teaming with H.R. Giger to redesign the alien
-focuses on space jockey from the first movie
-2011/2012 projected release date

Also did some more research on Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay and The Yiddish Poliemen's Union.  My guess is they're both stuck in development hell, as they keep getting their dates pushed back year after year.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

eighteen buddha strike

Shinya Tsukamoto made another Iron Man film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0X4CIFLbzc

I'm pumped. It looks a little bit more contemporary than the last two (not 100% japanese, and also shot in hi-def).
Even if its just a remake of the first Iron Man film, at least Shinya Tsukamoto is handling itself instead of let Hollywood shit all over it.

President Television

Quote from: eighteen buddha strike on April 28, 2010, 04:05:19 AM
Shinya Tsukamoto made another Iron Man film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0X4CIFLbzc

I'm pumped. It looks a little bit more contemporary than the last two (not 100% japanese, and also shot in hi-def).
Even if its just a remake of the first Iron Man film, at least Shinya Tsukamoto is handling itself instead of let Hollywood shit all over it.

:walken:
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Dimocritus

First, just let me extend my apologies to Nigel for bumping this thread, but I couldn't find the other movie thread. But...

Just saw Idiocrocy last night, and as funny as it was, it seems like it only took about five years from the time the film was released for us to get about half-way to what that movie is like. Funny, yes. But also very, very scary...

(although, it made me think that I might be able to actually run for office, that is, if I change my middle name to "Mountain Dew.")
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: dimo on May 14, 2010, 08:34:31 PM
First, just let me extend my apologies to Nigel for bumping this thread, but I couldn't find the other movie thread. But...

Just saw Idiocrocy last night, and as funny as it was, it seems like it only took about five years from the time the film was released for us to get about half-way to what that movie is like. Funny, yes. But also very, very scary...

(although, it made me think that I might be able to actually run for office, that is, if I change my middle name to "Mountain Dew.")

:cramstipated:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

Saw Iron man today. RDJr is good, but the plot was pretty damn weak, especially the stuff about him dying of whatever poisoning.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Freeky

Quote from: Faust on May 14, 2010, 09:25:10 PM
Saw Iron man today. RDJr is good, but the plot was pretty damn weak, especially the stuff about him dying of whatever poisoning.

I saw it too. I agree with the poisoning bit, but I thought it was pretty good overall.

Faust

Quote from: Professor Freeky on May 14, 2010, 11:11:19 PM

I saw it too. I agree with the poisoning bit, but I thought it was pretty good overall.
Well my main beef with the first film was that the action and bad guy were completely boring, I'm sick of big fights on highways.
This time both the action and RDJr mincing about entertained me.

Freeky

Quote from: Faust on May 14, 2010, 11:12:51 PM

Well my main beef with the first film was that the action and bad guy were completely boring, I'm sick of big fights on highways.

I liked how the end fight was totally reminiscent of a multiplayer first person shooter game. "BOOM!" "You see that?" "Yeah, nice." I lol'd.
Mickey Rourke wasn't bad at all, either.

Faust

Quote from: Professor Freeky on May 14, 2010, 11:16:03 PM
Quote from: Faust on May 14, 2010, 11:12:51 PM

I liked how the end fight was totally reminiscent of a multiplayer first person shooter game. "BOOM!" "You see that?" "Yeah, nice." I lol'd.
Mickey Rourke wasn't bad at all, either.
I'm glad he is getting work again, he was really good in sin city and the wrestler.

Freeky

It's been a while since I saw Sin City, and I had wanted to see The Wrestler but never got around to it. I'ma have to rent those or something.