News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

Film Flam

Started by Dimocritus, October 15, 2009, 11:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

FUCK YES

Julie Taymore -- who directed TITUS, my all time favorite shakespearean adaptation, is directing another Shakespeare play -- THE TEMPEST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv_hgZCoIV4

FUCK YES!

DECEMBER 10TH YOU FUCKS

in other news, this thread will be 1 year old TOMORROW.

Adios

I misread the thread title as Flim Flam and thought of the old movie by the same name. The Flim Flam Man.

Eater of Clowns

This actually looks to be a fairly awesome movie season:

127 Hours - Danny Boyle's new flick about the guy a few years back who gets his arm trapped under a boulder and had to hack it off to escape.  It sounded flimsy at first but the trailer looks great and I think James Franco can carry it.

True Grit - The Coen Brothers are doing a western starring Jeff Bridges.  Hell yeah.

Red looks hysterical.  I'll probably wait until its out of theaters to see it but come on:  Hellen Mirren with a sniper rifle, based on a Warren Ellis work, and Hellen Mirren with a sniper rifle.

I've heard good things about The Social Network.

Darren Aronofsky's new one about rival balet dancers looks odd.  I'm not sure I'll be looking into it, but I know he has a following.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Freeky

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on October 14, 2010, 08:23:30 PM

Red looks hysterical.  I'll probably wait until its out of theaters to see it but come on:  Hellen Mirren with a sniper rifle, based on a Warren Ellis work, and Hellen Mirren with a sniper rifle.

Huh what?

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU- THAT LOOKS AWESOME!

Cain

Yeah, Red looks like it has potential, just based on the cast alone. 

Suu

I just saw Franklyn last night for the first time.

Holy. Shit.

I think I need to watch it again to "get it" more, but I caught a lot of things before the film was over. I recommend it for anyone, as the Steampunkery in it isn't over the top. It's more about imagination and different planes of existence than anything.

They have it on Netflix to stream for those that have accounts. Seriously. See it.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Phox

*Response to two month old conversation*

I liked Red. It's the first movie I've seen in years that I actually felt was worth paying for.

Cain

Agreed, it was pretty good.  Pretty damn good indeed.

Cain

Just watched The Legend of the Guardians.  Surprisingly dark for what initially looks like a kids animation film.

Also OWL CABAL needs to be up in this shit.

AFK

IMO, a good kid's movie will have that touch of darkness to it.  One of my favorites from when I was a kiddo was The Secret of NIMH.  One of Don Bluth's earlier offerings before he gave us that sappy An American Tail movie. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Yeah, maybe.  Letting Zack Snyder direct a kid's film was always going to result in something along these lines though, so they cant have been unaware of it ending up this way.

Suu

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 07, 2010, 01:19:36 PM
IMO, a good kid's movie will have that touch of darkness to it.  One of my favorites from when I was a kiddo was The Secret of NIMH.  One of Don Bluth's earlier offerings before he gave us that sappy An American Tail movie. 

Oh NIMH is SO GOOD.

Also: Watership Down.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cuddlefish

Tron is looking like the first movie that actually deserves the cheesy 3D treatment. I'm going to see it for the spectacle alone.

Plus: Yay, for a new Aronofsky movie!
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

President Television

Quote from: Cuddlefist on December 07, 2010, 04:35:51 PM
Tron is looking like the first movie that actually deserves the cheesy 3D treatment. I'm going to see it for the spectacle alone.

This. I am not ashamed in the least to say that I'll be going to see Tron just because it looks so fucking cool.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Unqualified on December 07, 2010, 04:50:46 PM
Quote from: Cuddlefist on December 07, 2010, 04:35:51 PM

This. I am not ashamed in the least to say that I'll be going to see Tron just because it looks so fucking cool.

Original or GTFO.

TGRR,
Knows the old ways are the best.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.