News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

Film Flam

Started by Dimocritus, October 15, 2009, 11:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phox

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 07, 2010, 05:41:14 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 07, 2010, 05:35:22 PM
 I imagine we should be seeing a Short Circuit sequel or re-boot soon, right?  

Yep:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_Circuit#Sequel_and_remake

QuoteIn April 2008, Variety reported that Dimension Films had acquired the rights to remake the original film. Dan Milano had been hired to write the script, and David Foster to produce it. Foster said that the robot's visual look would not change.[6]

On October 27, 2009, it was announced that Steve Carr would direct the remake and that the film's plot would involve a boy from a broken family befriending the Number 5 robot.[7][8]

IMDb currently has the Short Circuit remake listed as a 2011 release. According to the page, the set storyline is described as being an updated re-imagining of the classic John Badham film where Number 5, one of a group of experimental military robots, undergoes a sudden transformation after being struck by lightning. He develops self-awareness, consciousness, and a fear of the reprogramming that awaits him back at the factory. With the help of a troubled young boy, Number 5 tries to evade capture and convince his creator that he has truly become alive. There is currently no cast information, only a confirmation that Steve Carr will be directing.

:facepalm:

Okay, who's going to be the next to predict one?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Phox on December 07, 2010, 05:44:12 PM

Grease.  The fuckers are going to remake Grease.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Phox

Eater of Clowns

This shouldn't be surprising anyone; they remade Death Race 2000 a few years ago, and as far as I know didn't even include the BEST FUCKING LINE IN THE MOVIE.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 07, 2010, 05:46:23 PM
This shouldn't be surprising anyone; they remade Death Race 2000 a few years ago, and as far as I know didn't even include the BEST FUCKING LINE IN THE MOVIE.

"He's dead, but not neccesarily out of the race"?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Phox

Or any of the original premise aside from a race that involved killing people.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 07, 2010, 05:49:32 PM

"He's dead, but not neccesarily out of the race"?
Is that a grenade?                                                                           Yes, it's a hand grenade.
                             \                                                                                          \
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Faust

The best way to stop these terrible remake/relaunches is not to see them.

Faust,
Will not see the sacrilege that is the new A-Team.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cuddlefish

Whatever, I'd check out a short-Circuit remake. Doing a remake, or a "re-imagining," isn't a always a bad thing (I mean, the new Star Trek was pretty good, IMO).

Worst Case Scenario: A crappy movie gets made. It happens all the time. We all get to talk shit about it. We move on.

Best case: You get a really kick ass movie that benefits from more modern technology, which wasn't available at the time of the original production.

I want to see a remake of "Gremlins," so fuck you guys.

A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Phox

Quote from: Faust on December 07, 2010, 05:56:47 PM
The best way to stop these terrible remake/relaunches is not to see them.

Faust,
Will not see the sacrilege that is the new A-Team.

IT'S. NOT.  WORKING.  :x

AFK

Quote from: Phox on December 07, 2010, 05:44:12 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 07, 2010, 05:41:14 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 07, 2010, 05:35:22 PM
I imagine we should be seeing a Short Circuit sequel or re-boot soon, right? 

Yep:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_Circuit#Sequel_and_remake

QuoteIn April 2008, Variety reported that Dimension Films had acquired the rights to remake the original film. Dan Milano had been hired to write the script, and David Foster to produce it. Foster said that the robot's visual look would not change.[6]

On October 27, 2009, it was announced that Steve Carr would direct the remake and that the film's plot would involve a boy from a broken family befriending the Number 5 robot.[7][8]

IMDb currently has the Short Circuit remake listed as a 2011 release. According to the page, the set storyline is described as being an updated re-imagining of the classic John Badham film where Number 5, one of a group of experimental military robots, undergoes a sudden transformation after being struck by lightning. He develops self-awareness, consciousness, and a fear of the reprogramming that awaits him back at the factory. With the help of a troubled young boy, Number 5 tries to evade capture and convince his creator that he has truly become alive. There is currently no cast information, only a confirmation that Steve Carr will be directing.

:facepalm:

It has the making of a new drinking game.  think of an old movie.  Google it.  If there is a remake/sequel in the works, you drink.  If not, er, I dunno, something else happens.

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Cramulus

Some of 1990's top movies:

Home Alone
Ghost
Dances with Wolves - remade as Avatar
Ninja Turtles - remade as a CGI flick
Hunt for Red October
Total Recall - slated for remake
Dick Tracy - possible sequel
Back to the Future 3 - some great rumors about a remake starring Justin Bieber, but I think that's just a troll
Die Hard 2 - they're still making these, right?
Robocop 2 - remake was in the works for 2011 and then axed due to budget

1991's top movies:
Terminator 2 - they are still making these movies, even without Ahnold
Addams Family - being remade by Tim Burton as a stop motion animation flick
Naked Gun 2 1/2
Silence of the Lambs
Beauty and the Beast
Prince of Tides
Point Break

AFK

How about a remake of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 feature movie where they are watching a remake.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger