News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

Think racism is dead? LOL.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, October 15, 2009, 11:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysnomia

well according to my family every culture in the motherfucking world wants to be WHITE and has been trying imitate white people since the dawn of man!  (exhibit a: geishas, and wanting to stay out of the sun as to not tan the skin)

Therefore it MUST be true!!!

:x :asplode:
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sparkley Pink Shit on October 17, 2009, 01:13:07 AM
well according to my family every culture in the motherfucking world wants to be WHITE and has been trying imitate white people since the dawn of man!  (exhibit a: geishas, and wanting to stay out of the sun as to not tan the skin)

Therefore it MUST be true!!!

:x :asplode:

Wow.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Dysnomia

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Kai on October 16, 2009, 02:58:55 AM
Quote from: BabylonHoruv on October 16, 2009, 01:33:14 AM
Damnit! Why is everyone faster than me?

I was gonna post this with the title

"Prop 8 was the start of a slippery slope"

And something clever about how if you let them think they can control marriage for one group they think they can control marriage for everyone.

None of this is anything new. Just sayin.

I know, but it is a fun LO5.  And one that I think should spread more widely.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Halfbaked1

Quote from: Requia ☣ on October 16, 2009, 09:23:28 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 16, 2009, 07:48:25 PM
While I'm here

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2009/10/15/investigation/index.html

QuoteCAIR is a non-profit organization of American citizens who are Muslim and their "mission is to enhance understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding."  They stand accused of plotting to influence members of Congress and trying to help interns obtain positions in Congress in order to advance their political agenda.  That's consistent with what virtually every political advocacy group in the nation does; it's normally called activism and democracy.  But because, in this case, it's a group of Muslims who are doing this, these House Republicans are depicting it as some sort of nefarious espionage plot against the U.S. that demands a criminal investigation.

I know, Islam isn't a race.  But the vast majority of its practitioners are non-white, and I suspect that is more than a factor in this scapegoating.

It reminds me more of the red scare stuff in the 50s, where clearly anybody with the wrong ideology was a spy for the enemy.

This.

And I think it is safe to tell someone who says the thing about the Japanese, that the Geisha existed long before whites vistied them, and the paint covered all but the back of the neck.  The reason for that small patch to be bare was that it was supposed to be a very arousing and erogenous zone.  They have always preferred to be fair because to maintain a fair complexion meant that they were not commoners.  Only the commoners worked the fields and got tanned while the aristocracy could remain out of the sun.  It was a sign of distinction which was also found in Europe, so it is more of an aristocratic thing than a white thing. 

All that said, I realize that it means absofragginlutely nothing to someone who wishes to believe otherwise.  but its almost 0400 here and it was the first cognitive thought I have had since the last fire emergency we had.

Idem

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 15, 2009, 11:56:17 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091015/ap_on_re_us/us_interracial_rebuff

QuoteInterracial couple denied marriage license in La.

NEW ORLEANS – A Louisiana justice of the peace said he refused to issue a marriage license to an interracial couple out of concern for any children the couple might have. Keith Bardwell, justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish, says it is his experience that most interracial marriages do not last long.

"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday. "I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."

Bardwell said he asks everyone who calls about marriage if they are a mixed race couple. If they are, he does not marry them, he said.

Bardwell said he has discussed the topic with blacks and whites, along with witnessing some interracial marriages. He came to the conclusion that most of black society does not readily accept offspring of such relationships, and neither does white society, he said.

"There is a problem with both groups accepting a child from such a marriage," Bardwell said. "I think those children suffer and I won't help put them through it."

If he did an interracial marriage for one couple, he must do the same for all, he said.

"I try to treat everyone equally," he said.

Bardwell estimates that he has refused to marry about four couples during his career, all in the past 2 1/2 years.

Beth Humphrey, 30, and 32-year-old Terence McKay, both of Hammond, say they will consult the U.S. Justice Department about filing a discrimination complaint.

Humphrey, an account manager for a marketing firm, said she and McKay, a welder, just returned to Louisiana. She plans to enroll in the University of New Orleans to pursue a masters degree in minority politics.

"That was one thing that made this so unbelievable," she said. "It's not something you expect in this day and age."

Humphrey said she called Bardwell on Oct. 6 to inquire about getting a marriage license signed. She says Bardwell's wife told her that Bardwell will not sign marriage licenses for interracial couples. Bardwell suggested the couple go to another justice of the peace in the parish who agreed to marry them.

"We are looking forward to having children," Humphrey said. "And all our friends and co-workers have been very supportive. Except for this, we're typical happy newlyweds."

"It is really astonishing and disappointing to see this come up in 2009," said American Civil Liberties Union of Louisiana attorney Katie Schwartzmann. "The Supreme Court ruled as far back as 1963 that the government cannot tell people who they can and cannot marry."

The ACLU sent a letter to the Louisiana Judiciary Committee, which oversees the state justices of the peace, asking them to investigate Bardwell and recommending "the most severe sanctions available, because such blatant bigotry poses a substantial threat of serious harm to the administration of justice."

"He knew he was breaking the law, but continued to do it," Schwartzmann said.

According to the clerk of court's office, application for a marriage license must be made three days before the ceremony because there is a 72-hour waiting period. The applicants are asked if they have previously been married. If so, they must show how the marriage ended, such as divorce.

Other than that, all they need is a birth certificate and Social Security card.

The license fee is $35, and the license must be signed by a Louisiana minister, justice of the peace or judge. The original is returned to the clerk's office.

"I've been a justice of the peace for 34 years and I don't think I've mistreated anybody," Bardwell said. "I've made some mistakes, but you have too. I didn't tell this couple they couldn't get married. I just told them I wouldn't do it.

:lulz:
:sad:

Shibboleet The Annihilator

What I said here:
Quote from: Slanket the Destroyer on October 16, 2009, 10:19:55 PM
Give it time man, the civil war just ended and people in the south are just going to have to adju... wait... oh, it's 2009?

Huh, that's pretty fucked.

Also, can we get a panel of scientists to explain to this guy that marriage is not part of the ability to procreate?

Kai

McCarthy isn't dead, he just took a vacation. And now hes BACK, BABY!  :lulz:
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Thurnez Isa

I hope we're going back in time

I wanna see some witch burnings
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Dysnomia

Kai

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on October 17, 2009, 11:44:25 PM
I hope we're going back in time

I wanna see some witch burnings

ONCE AGAIN THE BURNING TIEMS!
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Dysnomia

NEVAR AGAIN THE BURNING TIEMS!!   :horrormirth:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

HOW ABOUT THE BURNING ITEMS? I HAVE SOME ITEMS TO BURN.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sparkley Pink Shit on October 18, 2009, 06:02:01 PM

Oh, no, you have NO idea.  The Pagans are now obsessed with the idea that "the next burning times" is upon us, in the form of Richard Dawkins.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 18, 2009, 06:55:28 PM
Quote from: Sparkley Pink Shit on October 18, 2009, 06:02:01 PM

Oh, no, you have NO idea.  The Pagans are now obsessed with the idea that "the next burning times" is upon us, in the form of Richard Dawkins.

They are far too optimistic. The Burning Times would be preferable compared to what's actually happening: the Lulzing Times.

We shall mock them on the seas and oceans,
we shall mock them with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our sense of humor, whatever the cost may be,
we shall mock them on the beaches,
we shall mock them on the landing grounds,
we shall mock them in the fields and in the streets,
we shall mock them in the hills;
we shall never give it a rest.