News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

Improve Yourselves So You Stop Making Me Sick: Hate and Evil

Started by Richter, October 15, 2009, 04:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

Hate and Evil are two very misused and improperly viewed forces.  They can be horrible, degrading, dangerous things, but so can love, kindness, or any other spectrum of emotions or actions.  I'm a big fan of both, and actively promote their use where necessary, funny, or useful.

Try it out.  Walk through your office and think about the people there, think about them all as worthwhile, professional and hard working folks.  (This will require BLATANT self delusion.)  Think about how they could, with work and guidance, be good, valuable employees, and how you ought to help them make this possible. 
If you're like me, this will be a drag.

Now, same office same folks, look at them all and recite to yourself meaningfully: "I hate this place and everyone in it."

LIBERATING!  You now owe them nothing, because you think nothing of them.  You only have yourself to worry about.  They are uncontrollable incidentals in your life that you only need to interact with, or watch in case one tries to fuck you over.  You don't actually have to actively plan their downfall, wish or cause them harm; you just have to hold them in a constant cold contempt.  This has the extra effect of leaving you pleasantly surprised whenever one of them does something worth a damn.       

Evil is fun.  Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.  If you naturally cackle, titter, or mad scientist laugh, and like it, or appreciate schadenfreude, you've got what it takes to be evil.  Tell the truth exactly as it is.  Offer to correct people's personal flaws, offensive habits, or misdeeds in a harsh, immediate, and hopefully amusing way.  If the people around you cringe, but still want to see it anyways, you've done it right.
You can be evil, and not be a bad person.  Important distinction. 

"Oh Eibon, they say you are most evil!"
"It is just that they have no word for the greater good."
-Excerpt from the Book of Eibon
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Richter on October 15, 2009, 04:23:06 PM
Hate and Evil are two very misused and improperly viewed forces.  They can be horrible, degrading, dangerous things, but so can love, kindness, or any other spectrum of emotions or actions.  I’m a big fan of both, and actively promote their use where necessary, funny, or useful.

Try it out.  Walk through your office and think about the people there, think about them all as worthwhile, professional and hard working folks.  (This will require BLATANT self delusion.)  Think about how they could, with work and guidance, be good, valuable employees, and how you ought to help them make this possible. 
If you’re like me, this will be a drag.

Now, same office same folks, look at them all and recite to yourself meaningfully: “I hate this place and everyone in it.”

LIBERATING!  You now owe them nothing, because you think nothing of them.  You only have yourself to worry about.  They are uncontrollable incidentals in your life that you only need to interact with, or watch in case one tries to fuck you over.  You don’t actually have to actively plan their downfall, wish or cause them harm; you just have to hold them in a constant cold contempt.  This has the extra effect of leaving you pleasantly surprised whenever one of them does something worth a damn.       

Evil is fun.  Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.  If you naturally cackle, titter, or mad scientist laugh, and like it, or appreciate schadenfreude, you’ve got what it takes to be evil.  Tell the truth exactly as it is.  Offer to correct people's personal flaws, offensive habits, or misdeeds in a harsh, immediate, and hopefully amusing way.  If the people around you cringe, but still want to see it anyways, you've done it right.
You can be evil, and not be a bad person.  Important distinction. 

“Oh Eibon, they say you are most evil!”
“It is just that they have no word for the greater good.”
-Excerpt from the Book of Eibon

:mittens:

:cry: 

It is just beautiful!  Finally, an appreciation of evil!

Dimocritus

Quote from: Richter on October 15, 2009, 04:23:06 PM
You don't actually have to actively plan their downfall, wish or cause them harm; you just have to hold them in a constant cold contempt.  This has the extra effect of leaving you pleasantly surprised whenever one of them does something worth a damn.       

I do this subconsciously every day, and it has certainly lead to some pleasant surprises. 
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Golden Applesauce

This is the way I survived my customer service experience.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Corvidia

One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret never to be told.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dr. Paes

Richter

Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Jenne

I guess this makes working at home, alone, for hours on end, on your computer, not so bad.  I do tend to MISS real-live people, though.  Hateful though they are.

Richter

They offered that at my office.  It would have required an extra, secured room, though, and being willing to let company folks into my place for spot inspections.  No one from work is brining work scrutiny to my fucking house. 

Also, much as it pains me to admit, I get more out of being a presence at the office, keeping up and developing contacts with other departments.  Makes it easier to get things done.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Richter on October 16, 2009, 01:58:04 PM
They offered that at my office.  It would have required an extra, secured room, though, and being willing to let company folks into my place for spot inspections.  No one from work is brining work scrutiny to my fucking house. 

Also, much as it pains me to admit, I get more out of being a presence at the office, keeping up and developing contacts with other departments.  Makes it easier to get things done.

And your targets are right there.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

The biggest benefit to working this way is just waking up and going downstairs to work.  In whatever state of dress, or undress, that I'm in.

Until video chat comes in, this is great.  But like I said, you feel all hermited.