News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

ZOMG!! Satanists on MTV!!!1

Started by Iason Ouabache, October 17, 2009, 04:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iason Ouabache

About a month ago Jack Black did a skit at the VMAs where he gave a big shoutout to ol' Satan himself. For some reason the fundies are just now having a shit fit about it.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Perspectives/Default.aspx?id=724962

QuoteThe Radio City Hall audience readily acquiesced to Black's invitation to pray to the devil. In a video posted on YouTube, Black encouraged the large audience to join in by saying, "let me see those horns." Black, dressed in a "muscle suit" continued by asking the awards ceremony audience to join hands during "the prayer." He then held hands with actress Leighton Meester while he prayed aloud.

Black's prayer went basically unnoticed among most conservative and Christian media circles -- perhaps because they feel the comedian was simply joking as he displayed his contempt for Christianity with the prayer invocation. In fact, this would be in keeping with Black's previous behavior.

In 2008 he participated in a video that mocked supporters of California's marriage initiative, Proposition 8. In commenting on that video, the Culture and Media Institute (CMI) said Black "appears as Jesus rebuking the Proposition 8 supporters while munching on a shrimp cocktail and saying that the Bible condemns eating shellfish too. Then he reels off some scripture references without context to suggest that the Bible is self-contradictory and unreliable." In their press release (December 4, 2008), CMI described Black as "an anti-Christian bigot."

Others claim last month's public "prayer" to Satan was just a publicity stunt to promote the new heavy metal video game, "Brutal Legend."

But regardless how one looks at Black's actions, it sets a dangerous precedent. Author and King's College professor Paul McGuire labels Black's prayer to Satan as "just the tip of the iceberg of what is happening in our nation and in the entertainment industry." The conservative commentator contends that "although it is hidden, Satanism is one of the fastest growing religions in America." He adds: "We can expect to see Satanists demanding and getting the same rights as any other religion."

Oh noes!! We can't go around letting just anyone have religious freedom. Liberty is only for people that worship God.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Iason Ouabache

BTW, the comment section is short but full of gold.

QuoteJack Black is deceived. Satan is the master of this world now. He is the temptor of greed, racism, lust. Satan divides communities, empowers gangs, promotes wars. Jesus calls us to love one another, while Satan's values are social Darwinism.

:lulz: My irony meter is now a smolder pile of ash.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Jenne

My baby bro is a Tenacious D fanatical...will inquire bout this here shinaniganship!

Suu

<3 Jack Black. He did, of course, play St. Franklin in Drunk History 2 and 2.5.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Well, they probably didn't notice because being religious authoritarians, they automatically cut themselves off from contradictory sources of information and/or temptation - its like the Daily Mail readers who didn't know that a BBC presenter did something quite tasteless until their paper informed them, because they never watch BBC comedies for fear of being the butt of the joke.

Thurnez Isa

They shouldn;t worry about it

Satanism is extremely lame
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Dysnomia

It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Precious Moments Zalgo

Quote from: Cain on October 17, 2009, 03:07:16 PM
Well, they probably didn't notice because being religious authoritarians, they automatically cut themselves off from contradictory sources of information and/or temptation - its like the Daily Mail readers who didn't know that a BBC presenter did something quite tasteless until their paper informed them, because they never watch BBC comedies for fear of being the butt of the joke.
Exactly.  I know lots of conservative Christians, but I don't know a single one who watches MTV.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Satanism isn't the fastest growing religion in the world, mainly because it only really looks interesting to christians.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on October 17, 2009, 04:43:19 AM
Oh noes!! We can't go around letting just anyone have religious freedom. Liberty is only for people that worship God and read the King James Bible.

fixed.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

In a semi-related note, my girlfriend might be on mtv.
She was waiting on a table, that was a couple for some reality show they're doing.
She had to sign a waver, so did a lot of people in the restaurant.
There is absolutely no advantage to this at all, in fact I guess it was more irritating than anything.
I dont know what show it is, or anything about it, nor do I care.

Shibboleet The Annihilator