News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

Music For Your Mind & Booty

Started by Donkeyotay, October 19, 2009, 03:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I like it, but I think your lyrics writer needs some help... for example in the track "Lucid Dreaming"  in the bit around 1:50 through 2:10 it feels like the emcee has to mash a lot of words in a little space. I think you could probably rewrite those to fit (maybe drop about three syllables per line there... with at least a beat pause or something occasionally.

Otherwise, not bad at all.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Donkeyotay on October 19, 2009, 06:16:36 AM
Quote from: fictionpuss on October 19, 2009, 04:44:44 AM
I don't know you, or your history. But there does seem to be an obvious contradiction between passive aggression such as "I suppose you can rally the sycophants" and "I'm not here to fight". So to this disinterested observer, you just come across as a lame troll attempt. That's all.

Hmmm, I suppose you are right..I am not so much being passive aggressive as pretty much resigned to the fact that Roger will hate on me and many will follow suit just because Roger does...mebbe things have changed since I been around and nobody gives a fuck about Roger but, I doubt that..Truly though, I have no intentions of starting drama!

We need a mind control ray emote.

So, Donk...Abuse any girlfriends, recently?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on October 19, 2009, 05:59:25 PM
I like it, but I think your lyrics writer needs some help...

Maybe they could do a song about torturing girlfriends who are too physically ill to be physically capable of leaving the situation, and too far from family and friends to get help.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 19, 2009, 06:28:47 PM

Maybe they could do a song about torturing girlfriends who are too physically ill to be physically capable of leaving the situation, and too far from family and friends to get help.

Well, I was thinking more of a song that had lyrics which fit the music without needing shoehorns and sledgehammers. No matter what the topic of the song is... treating lyrics like a load of Mexican immigrants in the back of a bread truck just isn't a good idea.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Donkeyotay

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 19, 2009, 06:20:25 PM
Quote from: Donkeyotay on October 19, 2009, 06:16:36 AM
Quote from: fictionpuss on October 19, 2009, 04:44:44 AM
I don't know you, or your history. But there does seem to be an obvious contradiction between passive aggression such as "I suppose you can rally the sycophants" and "I'm not here to fight". So to this disinterested observer, you just come across as a lame troll attempt. That's all.

Hmmm, I suppose you are right..I am not so much being passive aggressive as pretty much resigned to the fact that Roger will hate on me and many will follow suit just because Roger does...mebbe things have changed since I been around and nobody gives a fuck about Roger but, I doubt that..Truly though, I have no intentions of starting drama!

We need a mind control ray emote.

So, Donk...Abuse any girlfriends, recently?

Haven't abused anyone intentionally past or present...and my lovely wife seems to be very happy with me so, I don't think she feels like she is being abused in any way.

Donkeyotay

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 19, 2009, 06:28:47 PM

Meh...we will leave those songs to the death metal genre....We are more interested in booty shakin and thought wakin.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Donkeyotay on October 19, 2009, 06:59:57 PM

Haven't abused anyone intentionally past or present...

Yeah, Donk, I'm so stupid that I can't remember what happened 3 years ago.

Quote from: Donkeyotay on October 19, 2009, 06:59:57 PM
and my lovely wife seems to be very happy with me so, I don't think she feels like she is being abused in any way.

Well, tell her not to get sick, right?

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

AFK

The music is alright, but, for me, the vocals turn me off.  But, I'm biased because I was in a funk band made up of some crazy-talented musicians (myself excluded). 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: JohNyx on October 19, 2009, 07:36:21 PM

What happen  :?   :mrgreen:

Someone set up us the girlfriend-torturing freak.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ~ on October 20, 2009, 07:32:15 PM
I'd rather eat broken glass than listen to you donky.

QuoteHaven't abused anyone intentionally past or present...

shut the fuck up you lying piece of shit. I know what you did to my step-niece, and I tell you, if I was in the country at that time I'd have come down there and broken your fucking legs.

go die in a hole somewhere you cunt.

This.

Also, if he's married, why's he still stalking D3?  Oh, yeah, because he's a piece of shit.

LMNO

I noticed he hasn't posted since.

Sir Squid Diddimus

I don't like this music.
The ladies can't carry a note, together or apart and the MC is annoying.
Also as far as funk goes... meh.

LMNO

Oh, wait.  Now we'll be accused of bias because we can't appreciate a musician's skills because he's such an utter douchebag for letting his girlfriend starve to death.

Jenne

Quote from: LMNO on October 21, 2009, 07:47:53 PM
Oh, wait.  Now we'll be accused of bias because we can't appreciate a musician's skills because he's such an utter douchebag for letting his girlfriend starve to death.

I can handle that just fine, personally.  That's the best kind of bias out there.  Barstool or no.