News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

So who here remembers little old me?

Started by Medeo, October 19, 2009, 04:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Medeo on October 19, 2009, 04:19:21 PM
I used to post on the old PD.com forums years ago. At my peak activity, I believe I clocked in at around 7th in number of posts forum-wide. I stumbled my way back here out of sheer nostalgic curiosity.

Anyway, it appears my old account has either been baleeted or is otherwise inaccessible, but that's okay.

So, how is everyone? Looks like a lot has changed around here. Who among the vintage forumites is still active? I've seen posts by Roger and LMNO so far. Bella? Malaul? Devil Squirrel? CNN? Chef? That drunk Canadian whose name embarrassingly escapes me (Hogarth or something like that)? Anyone? Bueller? :?

(P.S.: If anyone also recalls an old forumite by the name of Hotsuma, I'm happy to report that he's doing well and we still chat frequently)

FUCKIN' A!  MEDEO! 

Bella runs her own board, now.  Search "Eris Bar and Grill".  It's a little less rough and tumble, and you'll find Gnimbly and sometimes Guido over there.

Horab left in disgrace.  He can sometimes be found at EB&G.  I was Chef, of course, though ECH (Turd Ferguson) took over later.  Debbil Squirrel is all grown up, and spends most of her time in meatspace, but (rarely) is at EB&G.

We ran that little shithead off that was leering at your sister.

We have a whole raft of really good posters that came in during your absence...Richter, Suu, Cramulus (probably the most creative member, ever), Nigel, and a bunch of others.

Scribe is now Cain, and BMW is now Kai.

You and Hotsuma need to stop that meatspace shit and get back on the boards.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Medeo

That other board sounds fun, I'll give it a look.

I'll try and convince Hotsuma to come back next time I talk to him.
"god's talking about the shaw play and not the greek myth. the greek myth is where this dude falls in love with a statue he made, and he gives it presents, but he's sad because the statue just stands there. but THEN it's a happy ending because the statue comes to life, and THEN, he sexes up the statue and has a kid with the statue!! ladies and gentlemen, the greek myths"

-Dinosaur Comics

Cain

Dysnomia

:hosrie:
    \
"HAI THERE! Nice to meet you!"
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Richter

Hey Medeo, glad you decided to come back around, I've heard a lot about the old guard.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Medeo

Quote from: Cain on October 19, 2009, 07:06:21 PM
Its not that fun, really

That's what they said about going to the dentist

Then it turns out that the very first thing a dentist does is pump you full of psychoactive drugs

Your mileage may vary, is all I'm saying
"god's talking about the shaw play and not the greek myth. the greek myth is where this dude falls in love with a statue he made, and he gives it presents, but he's sad because the statue just stands there. but THEN it's a happy ending because the statue comes to life, and THEN, he sexes up the statue and has a kid with the statue!! ladies and gentlemen, the greek myths"

-Dinosaur Comics

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on October 19, 2009, 07:06:21 PM
Its not that fun, really

It's not bad.  It's just a little fluffier and laid back.  Not my style, but I stop in once and a while.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Medeo

-Dinosaur Comics

Shit

Hi Medeo.  Benaclypse remembers you from ten years ago or whatever it was.  Have I really been here that long?  I really should evolve into something else.  
So long, and thanks for all the shit.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Medeo on October 19, 2009, 07:20:50 PM
Nice to meet ya, Sparkley and Richter

Careful.  Sparkley eats people.  Troof.

Jenne

Hello, Medeo--I have heard tell of the Olden Days of PD...even did some dumpster diving of the archives for a while before I even started posting.  PD is different now yet the same, strangely enough.  And you should go over the eb&g and see Bella, her new husband and gnimbley.  St. Mysteria is there, as well.

The Good Reverend Roger

I keep hoping that Poib will return one day.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Medeo on October 19, 2009, 07:03:34 PM
That other board sounds fun, I'll give it a look.

I'll try and convince Hotsuma to come back next time I talk to him.

Tell Hotsuma that failure to return will result in an angry Rain God™.

Medeo

Quote from: Pope Benny on October 19, 2009, 07:23:22 PM
Hi Medeo.  Benaclypse remembers you from ten years ago or whatever it was.  Have I really been here that long?  I really should evolve into something else.  

Man, it has been a seriously long time. If memory serves, I started posting here when I was a sophomore in high school. Now I'm a junior in college, albeit of the don't-really-know-why-I'm-here-mostly-just-avoiding-the-real-world variety.

I don't even want to see any of my old posts, I'm guessing 99% of them would just make me hang my head in shame now.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 19, 2009, 07:28:56 PM
Careful.  Sparkley eats people.  Troof.

S/he does give off that vibe, now that you mention it.

Quote from: Jenne on October 19, 2009, 07:31:41 PM
Hello, Medeo--I have heard tell of the Olden Days of PD...even did some dumpster diving of the archives for a while before I even started posting.  PD is different now yet the same, strangely enough.  And you should go over the eb&g and see Bella, her new husband and gnimbley.  St. Mysteria is there, as well.

Gnimbley! Almost forgot about him. He sent me a box full of sci-fi/fantasy paperbacks once, some of them were quite interesting.

-Dinosaur Comics

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Medeo on October 19, 2009, 07:36:36 PM
S/he does give off that vibe, now that you mention it.

"Her" species doesn't actually have males.  They were all eaten years ago.  Sparkley is the last of her kind, and now she's eyeballing human males.  Rumor has it that there are no man between the ages of 20-30 left in her town, but this is as of yet unproven.  All federal investigators have failed to check back in with their office.