News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

The "Bush recovery"?

Started by Cain, October 19, 2009, 05:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Oh you have to be shitting me.

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/10/14/down-10000-market/

QuoteFor months and months, conservatives blamed President Obama for the slumping stock market. "Obama, since he's elected, has tanked the markets," Fox News' Sean Hannity said in March. Now that the Dow has rebounded to over 10,000, what are the conservatives saying? On his Fox News today, Neil Cavuto claimed the stock market rebound is evidence of a "Bush recovery"

Why not claim this recovery is based on Palin's future Presidency somehow changing the past?  At least some science is involved there.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

I think the next band I'm in will be called The Revisionists.

AFK

The logical gymnastics are going to be astounding.  The idiots who've been decrying bank bailouts and auto bail-outs for the past 10 months are going to have to start defending them if they want to give Bush any credit for this turnaround.  And I guarantee you someone out there, when it comes to the Stimulus, are going to pull a "Well Bush thought of it first!".  Or "Bush would've done it better!" 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Thurnez Isa

The idea that Bush saved us from the Obama recession and overspending makes me very happy...
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Jenne

They're applying this because it's what was said about the dotcome bubble burst in the 90's when Bill Clinton was president.  They blamed Bush Sr.'s policies.  I've noticed that this is now the never-ending cycle of spindoctored bullshit that supersedes manning up and copping to the b.s. that each administration pulls.

Quote from: Jenne on October 19, 2009, 07:11:09 PM
They're applying this because it's what was said about the dotcome bubble burst in the 90's when Bill Clinton was president.  They blamed Bush Sr.'s policies.  I've noticed that this is now the never-ending cycle of spindoctored bullshit that supersedes manning up and copping to the b.s. that each administration pulls.

Accountability has nothing to do with politiks.

Jenne

Quote from: Z³ on October 19, 2009, 09:33:43 PM

Of course it doesn't.  That's why bumper stickers that I see like "Throw all the bums out!" are just so much crying in the wilderness.

Well, that, the ploy is false because other, worse bums will just take their places.

In fact, Sacramento soooo does not give a shit what you say or think these days, that even *I* am throwing in the towel.  I just got a letter from fucking Nathan Fletcher the other day, and my husband got one from Brian Bilbray.  Fletcher's was on education, Bilbray on health care (my husband and I each have our bailiwicks, after all).  Both letters were long, long, long diatribes on why they, the piggies we have in office, are so very very right in backstabbing their constituency, while their lobbyists pay pay pay for their campaigns.

I've stopped reading their letters after the first paragraph or so anymore.  It all reads the same.  Like some dipshit brochure on why they're so morally superior than their ESTIMED colleagues across the aisle, instead of focusing on the rotten handbasket we're all in.

the other anonymous

If we throw all the bums out, how will we sit?

And:

If we throw all the bums out, how will we shit?

-toa,
politics is like a tin-foil hat...

Requia ☣

Quote from: Jenne on October 19, 2009, 10:23:48 PM
Quote from: Z³ on October 19, 2009, 09:33:43 PM

Of course it doesn't.  That's why bumper stickers that I see like "Throw all the bums out!" are just so much crying in the wilderness.

Well, that, the ploy is false because other, worse bums will just take their places.

In fact, Sacramento soooo does not give a shit what you say or think these days, that even *I* am throwing in the towel.  I just got a letter from fucking Nathan Fletcher the other day, and my husband got one from Brian Bilbray.  Fletcher's was on education, Bilbray on health care (my husband and I each have our bailiwicks, after all).  Both letters were long, long, long diatribes on why they, the piggies we have in office, are so very very right in backstabbing their constituency, while their lobbyists pay pay pay for their campaigns.

I've stopped reading their letters after the first paragraph or so anymore.  It all reads the same.  Like some dipshit brochure on why they're so morally superior than their ESTIMED colleagues across the aisle, instead of focusing on the rotten handbasket we're all in.

I have one of those from Hatch.  About how we have to balance freedom with safety, and how he never supported the patriot act (even though I *know* he voted for it).
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Requia ☣

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Halfbaked1

Pardon me but...What the ever lovin fuck are they talking about?!  Bush?  Saved us?  From obama?  GAH!  The recession aint Obama or Bush's fault, its the result of years of mismanagement!  I just...I mean...Oh for the love of...GAH!  I think my brain is melty.

Bruno

Heh, heh, heh.

My bad.
         \

Formerly something else...