News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

The Short Road To Freedom

Started by 0, October 19, 2009, 09:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stay tuned here for our adventures as we outwit our not-so-wiley housemates into thinking we actually like it here while we surreptitiously and mysteriously move out!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: General Stuart on October 19, 2009, 09:44:14 PM
Stay tuned here for our adventures as we outwit our not-so-wiley housemates into thinking we actually like it here while we surreptitiously and mysteriously move out!

Oh, hey, talked to the Eskimo Gods, and they say "deal with what you get, and LIKE it".
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

The Eskimo Gods can suck it.

...I just doomed myself for an eternity in the Green Mountains, didn't I?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Quote from: Suu on October 20, 2009, 03:49:33 AM

AND SO CAN YOU ROG!

HA!

TAKE THAT!

I'M AWNA COME AT YOU LIKE JAMES KAHN DID TO KATHY BATES!

EAT IT TIL YOU CHOKE!

Suu

I'm so glad rent dropped like a sack of shit in Rhode Island, too. We can get a 2 bedroom for 600 instead of 900. In semi-decent areas too!

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on October 20, 2009, 03:49:33 AM

Only if they catch you.  When you die, run like hell.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Suu on October 20, 2009, 04:04:02 AM
We can get a 2 bedroom for 600 instead of 900. In semi-decent areas too!
:aaa: God I'm getting more sick of this overpriced city by the day.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

A 2 bedroom for 600 seems reasonably reasonable.

Suu

Quote from: fictionpuss on October 20, 2009, 05:13:01 AM
Quote from: Suu on October 20, 2009, 04:04:02 AM
We can get a 2 bedroom for 600 instead of 900. In semi-decent areas too!
:aaa: God I'm getting more sick of this overpriced city by the day.

Last year it wasn't 600 for a 2 bedroom. Trust me on that. More like 900-1200, but the state stepped in and put in rent control measures, since the price of rent was going up steadily with the percentage of unemployment. And since so many people in Rhode Island lost their houses and started living in tents under the interstate, landlords had to drop rents.

600-650 plus utilities can get us a fine apartment here in Rhody. Have I mentioned how excited I am about this new job?

On another note:

We don't HATE our housemates. They just annoy us to NO end, they make better friends that we don't have to live with. Which is why I'm going to keep this civil.

1. Come home on the weekend, look for an apartment.
2. Come home on another weekend, sign the paperwork
3. Figure out when they're not going to be here, leave them the money we owe them, grab a UHAUL and move in to our brand-spanking-new domicile.

No harm, no foul, clean break. We are going to be respectful and friendly wherever we can.

Worse comes to worse and Suu starts getting a hassle from them, I ship her off to my parents house for a week or so.

Richter, we may need blades, I will keep you posted. As Chaplain of this Brigade, I expect you to keep them stored at the monastery until such time as we require them. When the word is given, round up our people and head to the bucket. The keys to the trebuchet are behind the shed.

Suu

Oh yes. And the clean break, if you will, will be when they are safely out of town Thanksgiving weekend.

Bwuahahaha!

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: General Stuart on October 20, 2009, 06:39:40 PM
The keys to the trebuchet are behind the shed.

Hrmmm, this brings to mind a hoodlum sneaking up to the wall defenses late at night and hotwiring a trebuchet to proove he's cool enough for the gang.

"Yo, Yo, Yo, wazzup my  Sassenachs! I'm illin' like the Black Death. Check out this fine 6 4 Treb I just lifted!"
                           \

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Suu

I will not kill them...

I will not kill them...

OH GOD HE HASN'T EVEN LEFT YET AND THEY'RE STARTING ON ME HELP

Suu

As I mentioned, Vermont Jones is already on his way North.

In the meantime, here's an exciting quote from the other night starring the female half of the roommate situation (the one that we're pretty much convinced is going through a mid-life and wants to bang General Stuart):

General Stuart: Oh by the way, my parents are having me over for dinner tomorrow night since I'm leaving Wednesday.

C:  But you just saw your family the other day. You don't need to see them again, do you?

Me:  :suu: :crankey: :silencebitetongue:

General Stuart: Um, yeah, they're my parents.