News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

ATTN: Activity-ists

Started by Cramulus, October 20, 2009, 02:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

I have called this ATTN: ACTIVITISTS, but people often mistake that for ACTIVIST, an entirely different idea

anyway
If you're into

PROJECTS
PRANKS
& ACTIVITIES

come up with ideas to update this old-ass list:

http://blackironprison.com/index.php?title=Task_List

Cramulus

this is getting burried under the apple talk avalanche. Could a moderator please move it to Principia Discussion or Think For Yourself, Shmuck? (your choice) That way, we can ensure nobody will see it.  :p

Faust

Quote from: Cramulus on October 20, 2009, 03:51:46 PM

this is getting burried under the apple talk avalanche. Could a moderator please move it to Principia Discussion or Think For Yourself, Shmuck? (your choice) That way, we can ensure nobody will see it.  :p
hehe, Sure thing.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't have time today and I don't want to forget, so I am posting in this thread so that hopefully I will remember to check back in and do something. Because I like making things and doing stuff.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on October 21, 2009, 05:03:15 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on October 20, 2009, 03:51:46 PM

hehe, Sure thing.

Beat you to it.

StD,
fastest mod this side of the Mississippi.

Cain

I've created a seperate page for the Apple Talk Dialogues (provisional name), with direct links at http://blackironprison.com/index.php?title=Apple_Talk_Dialogues

If I've missed any though, please add them.

Also, I'm considering saving the text of these threads and attempting to produce a text format, similar to Pariah's excellent "Hey, LMNO" adaption.  Does anyone have any suggestions for going about it?  I have plenty of non-copyrighted images to use, but would Scribus be best for this effort, or something else?

Cramulus

I'm a fan of scribus for layout, but others have voiced some objections to it. if you've never used scribus before, or you're not doing anything really fancy, it might be easier to use MS Word and print to PDF using Bullzip or some other pdf output option..

Cain

I have OpenOffice, which has a decent, if nothing spectacular, pdf save option.  But it doesn't look very high quality, which is what I'd want these to be.  Are there any recommended manuals?  I've seen a few, linked around, but some seem pretty sketchy when it comes to actual details.

Cramulus

000 had linked to a good tutorial over at intermittens.org --- which seems to be down.  :sad: There are a bunch of tutorials out there, but I couldn't tell you which is best.

I learned it by clicking on things until they made sense.  It's fairly intuitive, though there are a few functions which take a bit of experimentation to get just right.

Cain

I thought that may be the case.  Right then, time to crash my PC through experimentation.

Faust

Quote from: Cramulus on October 25, 2009, 02:10:47 PM
000 had linked to a good tutorial over at intermittens.org --- which seems to be down.  :sad: There are a bunch of tutorials out there, but I couldn't tell you which is best.

I learned it by clicking on things until they made sense.  It's fairly intuitive, though there are a few functions which take a bit of experimentation to get just right.
What the  fudge.... When I get home I will check if its a problem my end or rats (I have the URL it redirects to his server).

Triple Zero

the tutorial is just part of the Scribus manual, afaik ...

which I talked about, here: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=20348.msg687384#msg687384

also I put some layout examples here http://ifile.it/w4a3c7x/scribus-layout-examples.zip (not sure if they are compelte with all the gfx, though the Intermittens template should be) you can open them in Scribus.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Faust

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on October 25, 2009, 06:07:31 PM

What the  fudge.... When I get home I will check if its a problem my end or rats (I have the URL it redirects to his server).

This isn't me, this is ratatosks end. The url has either changed or the stuff is gone.