News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

Eris Perfume

Started by Cramulus, October 20, 2009, 02:16:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

thought some people here might dig this:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6451756

QuoteFeeling felicitous? In the mood to play a good prank involving rubber chickens, a pyramid scheme and a pogo stick? This is the scent for you.

A tenth planet kind of gal, Eris brings chaos as an element to the universe. Old Greeks and Romans would invoke her in war under the "confuse your enemies" dictum of battle...and believe me, she's only gotten more confusing over the years, right down to Eris' consistent yet oddly erratic 500+ year orbit. Although perhaps now she prefers to bemuse your enemies rather than confuse them...

From bombing weddings with golden apples (perhaps beginning that trite bouquet tradition) to rattling the teeth of a few twentieth century stoners, Eris has got some real punch to her.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eris_(dwarf_planet)
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~tilt/principia/

This fragrance does its best to capture the essence of Eris, no easy task since anything completely realistic would either explode, or be so immune to friction I would have to chase it with a butterfly net. Contains tincture of apple for her favorite party-crashing fruit, dandelion because of its persistence and entropic omnipresence, black pepper and pennyroyal for their troublemaking tendencies, and a hint of violet leaf and plum wine, because of their fae and chaotic folklore.

This fragrance uses tinctures and essential oils, so yes, it DOES contain alcohol in an essential oil base.

Requia ☣

Black Phoenix Alchemy Labs has an Eris perfume too.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Johnny

i smell greed (even do its flattering for someone to think they can make a buck off discordians)
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Requia ☣ on October 20, 2009, 02:20:13 AM

Yes, I have some, and it is truly discordant. It trolls the senses.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Quote from: Requia ☣ on October 20, 2009, 02:20:13 AM

Oh god. BPAL...

The ladies in my camp at Pennsic had a BPAL Meet n' Sniff where they get together, smell the oils on different parts of their wrist to the point where it all smells the same, and trade the ones they don't want.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."