News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

MAP PLEASE ROGER

Started by Pariah, October 20, 2009, 04:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pariah

I don't think this place is a desert, Rog. It seems to be a skullfucking insult to the deserts with their rivers and canyons that I know. The white plane seems to zoom on forever like saltflats. Why aren't there any mountains? The few trees and oases make me nervous. I don't trust them Rog, not one bit. 

There hasn't been any for a while, nor people. This hellhole is a far cry from the canyonlands of our youths with vibrant rivers and slot canyons sprinkling high plains and mesas and the warm grasslands further into our neonatic pysche. They always seemed so nice. So full of nice. Why did we ever leave?

We probably needed to. I think we all needed to split up because we heard the land on the other side of the Wasteland™ was much much much better.
I takes a couple decades but then you can enjoy it
It'll be nice.

Time passes very slowly.
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

The Good Reverend Roger

That's no desert, Bubba, that's the Lost Highway.  Notice there's no ™ on that.  That's the Lost Highway that Hank Williams Sr sang about, that Porter Waggoner wrote about, that everyone who's ever finally understood what the hell is really going on has driven.

Congratulations.  You're ready for the finals.  Just keep driving - you'll notice your gas gauge needle hasn't moved in hours - just keep driving and eventually, you'll come out the other side, where everything is bright and happy, and things make sense.

I can't tell you how long that will take, though.  I've been on the Lost Highway since George Bush's pappy was president, and I'm still driving.

But every road has an end, right?  Right?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

The fast lane of this highway is the only way to go, by the way...just learn to ignore the horrible wreckage off to the left shoulder.  The people who wrecked didn't have the right values, Pariah...they weren't serious about having a good time.  They lost their nerve and tried to brake, and POW!  They met the Sausage Creature.

The Sausage Creature, of course, is a bag of skin with no face and no consciousness, it just lies in a bed in a hospice, with machines making it breathe.  Many good men have met the Sausage Creature...I myself have come close enough to see it, on the high side of a diminishing radius curve, on a motorcycle built for the straightaway.

But never mind that.  Get in that fast lane and GO.  Don't slow down, don't brake for small animals, and for God's sake don't even THINK about using the breakdown lane.  When people pull over there, they never, ever get going again, and they just stay there til they die of boredom or dispair.

There are no exit ramps on this road, Pariah.  Keep that in mind.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Pariah

Huh. . .
I guess it's been so long that I forgot there was even a chair beneath my ass and a road beneath my tires. Probably those trees were set out by some bastard trying to kill me.
CHUMP! He can't beat me. I see through his ploy, and I'll keep on driving.
It was probably all just twisted metal or some mirage.

Though it sure looked real to me.

Time still passes very slowly
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

There's no use trying to get out. All roads lead to Fresno.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

Quote from: Nigel on October 21, 2009, 01:38:55 AM

:x  TAKE IT BACK, NIGEL!  TAKE IT BAAAACK!  :x

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jenne on October 21, 2009, 03:47:58 AM

I can't stop the truth.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

Quote from: Nigel on October 21, 2009, 07:56:03 PM
Quote from: Jenne on October 21, 2009, 03:47:58 AM

I can't stop the truth.

:argh!: :horrormirth: :x

Mesozoic Mister Nigel