News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

Fuck you, Little Johnny.

Started by Dimocritus, October 21, 2009, 08:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimocritus

Quote from: Cramulus on October 22, 2009, 06:16:47 PM
Quote from: Dimocrates KSC on October 21, 2009, 08:35:31 PM
School buses move slow enough as it is.

Now, for each stop there is a brief display of flashing lights and haggard bus monitors going through the choreographed actions of pretending to see if any of these little rug-rats took a mad dash under the tires. Finally, the bus slowly picks up speed once again, only to stop LESS THAN A BLOCK AWAY! God forbid little Johnny has to WALK forty feet to get home.

are you certain that this is the problem, and not the impatient-driver-with-road-rage epidemic?

That's where the thought process started, yes.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on October 22, 2009, 06:16:47 PM
Quote from: Dimocrates KSC on October 21, 2009, 08:35:31 PM
School buses move slow enough as it is.

Now, for each stop there is a brief display of flashing lights and haggard bus monitors going through the choreographed actions of pretending to see if any of these little rug-rats took a mad dash under the tires. Finally, the bus slowly picks up speed once again, only to stop LESS THAN A BLOCK AWAY! God forbid little Johnny has to WALK forty feet to get home.

are you certain that this is the problem, and not the impatient-driver-with-road-rage epidemic?

There aren't enough toddlers being dragged a block underneath the cars of assholes.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO on October 21, 2009, 08:43:57 PM
Sorry, kid. Don't blame the beurocracy.  They're just covering their ass.

If one single kid hurts themselves, or get abducted because they had to walk one block more than strictly necessary, then the school district gets fucked harder than Julie Strain left alone at a comicon.

sort of related: http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2007/02/cya_security_1.html
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.