News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

70's Comedy

Started by rong, October 23, 2009, 10:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

who's funnier

George Carlin
14 (63.6%)
Steve Martin
8 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 22

rong

a lot of posts on this forum remind me of one or the other. 

please defend your vote.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

rong

i humbly submit:

QuoteIt's so hard to believe in anything anymore. I mean, it's like, religion, you really can't take it seriously, because it seems so mythological, it seems so arbitrary...but, on the other hand, science is just pure empiricism, and by virtue of its method, it excludes metaphysics. I guess I wouldn't believe in anything any more if it weren't for my lucky astrology mood watch. -Steve Martin

and
Now let's repeat the non-conformists' oath: I promise to be different! (audience repeats) I promise to be unique! (audience repeats) I promise not to repeat things other people say! (audience laughs, repeats) Good! -Steve Martin
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

the other anonymous

The Good Reverend Roger

Steve Martin.  Because I said so.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Definitely Steve Martin.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also, holy shit, did you see how hot he was in "Pennies from Heaven"?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on October 23, 2009, 05:12:32 PM
Also, holy shit, did you see how hot he was in "Pennies from Heaven"?

Hadn't noticed that part.  :lol:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

Richter

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 23, 2009, 05:48:06 PM
Quote from: Richter on October 23, 2009, 05:46:19 PM
Close, but Carlin.

Only because he looks like YOUR MOM.

I know the reason for your preference.
Martin's blank gaze reminds you of your anencephallic kin.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Messier Undertree

George Carlin.

I'm sorry, but I just can't forgive Steve Martin for Bowfinger.

SpazztheCelestial

George Carlin. Steve Martin is just a little too bland for me. Plus he keeps that sheepish grin on his face all the time, he looks like my dog when she's pissed in the floor behind my back.

Spazz
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.-George Carlin

the other anonymous

Quote from: RWH1N1 on October 23, 2009, 05:52:29 PM
Bob Newhart

HIGH MY NAEM IZ LARRY
THIS IZ MAI BRUDDER DARYL
AND THIS EEZ MAI UDDR BRUDDER DARYL

-toa,
classic!