News:

PD.com: You're safer in New Bedford.

Main Menu

ATTN. RI Spags

Started by Dimocritus, October 25, 2009, 04:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimocritus

Got a part-time gig at a Halloween store. There's more fake mustaches there than I know what to do with. I get a pretty healthy discount (30%) so if any of you would like to save some $$$ on your Halloween needs, let me know.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Eater of Clowns

What, if anything, does your store carry to make me into Alex DeLarge from A Clockwork Orange?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Dimocritus

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on October 25, 2009, 04:59:40 PM
What, if anything, does your store carry to make me into Alex DeLarge from A Clockwork Orange?

I'm sure a handful of items. Hat, fake lashes and the like. I'm not sure if we have the cod-piece but we might have a comparable jump-suit.

Quote from: Suu on October 25, 2009, 05:01:40 PM
What store are you at?

RI Costume. Outside of the Warwick mall.

Suu

Quote from: Dimocrates KSC on October 25, 2009, 05:20:51 PM

I'm sure a handful of items. Hat, fake lashes and the like. I'm not sure if we have the cod-piece but we might have a comparable jump-suit.

Quote from: Suu on October 25, 2009, 05:01:40 PM
What store are you at?

RI Costume. Outside of the Warwick mall.

I actually need a few things from there this week, can you hook a sistah up?

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Dimocritus

Suu

Word, let me know when you'll be down there.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Vitamin Dimo on October 25, 2009, 04:54:06 PM
Got a part-time gig at a Halloween store. There's more fake mustaches there than I know what to do with. I get a pretty healthy discount (30%) so if any of you would like to save some $$$ on your Halloween needs, let me know.

Need Spider Jerusalem glasses.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sir Squid Diddimus

I did that one year. It was fun.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Squid on October 25, 2009, 11:33:53 PM

I did that one year. It was fun.

Yeah, I figured it would be cool and I was intending to do it since about June.  Now I'm running out of time and if I can't get it together this week I'll have to pull something out of my ass.  Dr. House Redux?  Very original.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Suu

The trickiest part of that costume is going to be the cod piece. However, you may be able to doctor something up with a jock strap and a pair of tighty whities in a pinch.

Also, I can fully attest that RI Costume has shit for hats. They have cheap felt bowlers, but I don't know what quality you're looking for.

White suspenders are going to be a bitch too.

Eater of Clowns

I just ran through it and yeah, the codpiece and the white suspenders definitely are the kicker.  Quality wise I really can't be too picky at this point, I put it off too long and I just need to get it together, so a shitty felt bowler will be fine.  I'll scour a few 2nd hand stores to see if I can pick a nice one up on the cheap.

The codpiece I was thinking a jock strap as well.  The eyeballs on the sleeves I figure I can get some cheap fake ones and just glue on?

Hey, is that a jumpsuit or is it a separate pair of pants and a shirt.  Honestly the jumpsuit might be easier.

Boots I've got a haggard pair of Doc Martens and the cane I guess can be a shitty plastic one from a Halloween store.

Basically I blew it this year, hah.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

Sir Squid Diddimus

suspenders:  http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Accessories/Suspenders/White-1-Suspenders-896006.jsp

the eyeballs you can buy cheap rubber ones, slice in half and just stitch to the sleeves.
i used a shirt and pants

i think the codpiece is fencing gear isn't it? Or boxing or something?

LMNO

I'm pretty sure Men's Wearhouse and/or Mr Tux will have white suspenders.

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 25, 2009, 07:46:21 PM
Quote from: Vitamin Dimo on October 25, 2009, 04:54:06 PM

Need Spider Jerusalem glasses.

Did some google searching, you'd expect somebody to sell those things, right?

if they are even available, they seem to be pretty fucking rare, saw some notes of people naming prices like $100-200 and words like "exclusive" ..

If some crafts person here knows how to make a decent-looking pair, I bet they could make a fine buck out of it. Or would that violate Transmetropolitan's copyright? I'm not really sure, but if it's just a real funky pair of glasses, is that a copyright violation? (I bet some of the cosplayers here could answer that?)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.