News:

That's okay, I know how to turn my washing machine into a centrifuge if need be.

Main Menu

ATTN. RI Spags

Started by Dimocritus, October 25, 2009, 04:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

it's one oblong, one round, with different colored lenses, right?

Couldn't you just find one pair of oblong glasses, one pair of round, and make them yourself?

Triple Zero

like this:

(and no the page where I found that didnt say where you could order them, I did find this exact pic replicated a few places around the web, so I guess this is a unique item)

and yeah you could do that, but you'd have to solder them properly (?) and then repaint the soldered bit gold again, and you'd have to find two pairs of glasses one round and one square, with frames reasonably similar in thickness and appearance, and preferably ones already fitted with red and green glasses, otherwise you'd have to do that yourself too. (and I have no idea how to cut glasses into shape properly so they'd fit)

in other words you could do that, but you'd have a very hard time finding the proper pair of glasses to pull it off.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 26, 2009, 12:57:35 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 25, 2009, 07:46:21 PM
Quote from: Vitamin Dimo on October 25, 2009, 04:54:06 PM
Got a part-time gig at a Halloween store. There's more fake mustaches there than I know what to do with. I get a pretty healthy discount (30%) so if any of you would like to save some $$$ on your Halloween needs, let me know.

Need Spider Jerusalem glasses.

Did some google searching, you'd expect somebody to sell those things, right?

if they are even available, they seem to be pretty fucking rare, saw some notes of people naming prices like $100-200 and words like "exclusive" ..

If some crafts person here knows how to make a decent-looking pair, I bet they could make a fine buck out of it. Or would that violate Transmetropolitan's copyright? I'm not really sure, but if it's just a real funky pair of glasses, is that a copyright violation? (I bet some of the cosplayers here could answer that?)

I'd rather pay someone I know, and I know just the person.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Believe it or not I think I know where I can get both pairs of glasses to make those. And I happen to know someone who can solder ....

Hmmm...

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: LMNO on October 26, 2009, 12:15:30 PM
I'm pretty sure Men's Wearhouse and/or Mr Tux will have white suspenders.
Do you guarantee it?
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Squid on October 26, 2009, 03:34:50 PM
Believe it or not I think I know where I can get both pairs of glasses to make those. And I happen to know someone who can solder ....

Hmmm...

Send me a quote.  I already asked Nigel, but I know just the person who would want the extra pair, and it will make a hell of a Christmas gift.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Got a part-time gig at a Halloween store. There's more fake mustaches there than I know what to do with. I get a pretty healthy discount (30%) so if any of you would like to save some $$$ on your Halloween needs, let me know.

This thread is now about Sound Wave.

Eater of Clowns

White suspenders - no longer a problem.

I walked into my sister's work to say hello.  One of her old friends that I haven't seen since I was 15 was also visiting her.  He happened to have a pair of white suspenders - in his car - that he's letting me borrow.

I'm still in need of a cane, I was going to go for a cheap one from iParty or one of those Halloween Circuit Cities but none of them have them.  I might be able to construct one cheap and easy using a wooden dowel, black spraypaint, and a doorknob from a hardware store?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 26, 2009, 08:25:00 PM

Dimocritus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 26, 2009, 08:29:37 PM

Pics plz.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Vitamin Dimo on October 26, 2009, 08:50:04 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 26, 2009, 08:29:37 PM

Pics plz.

Fuck you.  Sound Wave or GTFO.

Dimocritus

I wasn't gonna piss in the pool, but WTF!?!?! It's APPLETALK!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Vitamin Dimo on October 26, 2009, 08:55:58 PM
I wasn't gonna piss in the pool, but WTF!?!?! It's APPLETALK!

I can't see the pic at work. 

And the pool is on the roof, dumbshit.

Dimocritus

THE POOL IS A LIE!!! THERE'S NOTHING ON THE ROOF BUT BIRD-SHIT!!!!! MY GOD, YOU PEOPLE BATHE IN THIS!?!?!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Vitamin Dimo on October 26, 2009, 09:01:38 PM
THE POOL IS A LIE!!! THERE'S NOTHING ON THE ROOF BUT BIRD-SHIT!!!!! MY GOD, YOU PEOPLE BATHE IN THIS!?!?!

Welcome to the post-American century.