News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

So, Squid, I finally dealt with that fucking engineer.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, October 26, 2009, 06:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Template

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 27, 2009, 04:48:54 AM
Quote from: yhnmzw on October 27, 2009, 04:36:10 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 26, 2009, 06:08:22 PM
I had entirely enough of his shit, and I opened my mouth and let him see the real Roger for a moment or two...In the process violating 4 articles of the corporate code of conduct, and 3 state laws.  He's kind of freaked out, and he already ran to the boss.  Of course I denied everything, but my boss doesn't believe me.  Fortunately, without some form of evidence, it's he said-she said.

Why must they step, Squid?  Why can't they just do their fucking job, and leave me alone?  Why does everyone want to play maintenance supervisor?  Why can't I kill them just by wanting it badly enough?

On the down side, I am ruined for the day; I will get nothing else done.  On the plus side, Mike thinks I'm Hannibal Lecter, and won't come out of his office.  With any luck at all, I've triggered his loose bowel problem, and he'll have to go home to change.  For a week.

I probably shouldn't do that again any time soon, though.  Not sure I'm going to have to.

Please tell me more about the engineer.

He looks like Wally from Dilbert.  He drives the world's largest compensation-mobile pickup truck.  He has a nasal voice and laughs at his own "jokes", often for a minute straight.  He is convinced that people without engineering degrees are useless eaters and grunt labor, that a skilled millwright with 30 years of experience cannot tie his own shoes without a "procedure".  He does not know how to use a multimeter.  Let me say that again.  He is an engineer that does not know how to use a multimeter.

As someone currently enrolled as an engineering undergrad,  :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :horrormirth: :horrormirth: :horrormirth: :crankey: :crankey: :crankey:

Requia ☣

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 27, 2009, 05:02:45 AM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on October 27, 2009, 05:02:20 AM
Wait... correct me if I'm wrong but a multimeter is the little electronic gizmo that figures out voltage and resistance and stuff right?  The one that takes 15 minutes and no instruction manual to learn?

How the fuck did this guy make it through college?

How did he get his PE?

Might not have one.  Chemical Engineers aren't always required to get it, thanks to falling under interstate commerce for some reason.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on October 27, 2009, 06:30:42 AM
Wait... correct me if I'm wrong but a multimeter is the little electronic gizmo that figures out voltage and resistance and stuff right?  The one that takes 15 minutes and no instruction manual to learn?

How did he get his PE?

Might not have one.  Chemical Engineers aren't always required to get it, thanks to falling under interstate commerce for some reason.

Oh, he has one.  It's on his annoying brag wall (he is the only person who has a brag wall, of course).  I checked, it's legit.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 27, 2009, 05:39:16 PM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on October 27, 2009, 06:30:42 AM

How did he get his PE?

Oh, he has one.  It's on his annoying brag wall (he is the only person who has a brag wall, of course).  I checked, it's legit.

How much fun can you have convincing him they are re-calling a certain number of certificates because of a testing error or some such?

Jean-Lustine d'Hadamard

Quote from: yhnmzw on October 27, 2009, 05:28:18 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 27, 2009, 04:48:54 AMHe does not know how to use a multimeter.  Let me say that again.  He is an engineer that does not know how to use a multimeter.

As someone currently enrolled as an engineering undergrad,  :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :horrormirth: :horrormirth: :horrormirth: :crankey: :crankey: :crankey:
I've met physics undrgrads who couldn't wire a fucking plug, much less use a multimeter. Not being able to solder, I could just about forgive. Just.
"But one intelligence source we know suggests that an injection of a tiny amount of pure nicotine in the anus has the result of killing someone without leaving a mark. We're still trying to get to the bottom of this." --- Robert Eringer, On Marilyn, the Illuminati, and the Father of Our Country, The Investigator, 14 February 2009