News:

Heaven is a sausage party.

Main Menu

And Christians wonder

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 26, 2009, 07:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cainad (dec.)

"Jingle Cats sing What Child is this and Hava Nagila from the Jingle Cats Christmas DVD"

Clips of cats meowing, remixed into Christmas songs. :horrormirth:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on October 26, 2009, 07:12:45 PM
"Jingle Cats sing What Child is this and Hava Nagila from the Jingle Cats Christmas DVD"

Clips of cats meowing, remixed into Christmas songs. :horrormirth:

:crankey:

Jihaad.  That is all.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Suu

I put it on and the roommate's cat is like....WTF?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Triple Zero

um okay, but what's it got to do with Christians?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Dimocritus

I agree. This is exactly why cats are prosecuted.

But really, this is about as Christian as "Bingo-Night."
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Cainad (dec.)

Christians are responsible for Christmas. Therefore, they are directly responsible for everything related to Christmas, including awful abominations such as this.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on October 26, 2009, 09:19:26 PM
Christians are responsible for Christmas. Therefore, they are directly responsible for everything related to Christmas, including awful abominations such as this.

How I dread the day after Thanksgiving.

:x

Rumckle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 26, 2009, 10:02:48 PM

That is one of things you Americans have good, you're Christmas decorations don't go up until November. In Australia they start in October.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Suu

Quote from: Rumckle on October 26, 2009, 10:39:45 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 26, 2009, 10:02:48 PM

That is one of things you Americans have good, you're Christmas decorations don't go up until the day after Halloween. In Australia they start in October.

Fixed.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Requia ☣

Nah Christmas stuff goes up in October here now.  I pass out candy Santas at Halloween, well used to, nobody knocks on my door anymore.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 26, 2009, 09:05:48 PM
um okay, but what's it got to do with Christians?

Um

Christmas?

Also, "What Child is This" would be referring to Jesus, as do almost all Christmas carols, what it it being "Christmas" and all that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Rumckle

Quote from: Requia ☣ on October 26, 2009, 10:52:38 PM
Nah Christmas stuff goes up in October here now.  I pass out candy Santas at Halloween, well used to, nobody knocks on my door anymore.

Ok then, no reason for me to move to the states anytime soon I guess.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Jenne

Xmas stuff can go up as early as SEPTEMBER here.  The craft stores can't WAIT for Labor Day, because they start pulling it all out.  Michael's had it for two rows behind the Halloween shit.  And now the Halloween shit's all but gone from everywhere.  I was in Target this weekend and their huge Hallowen section is being converted slowly but surely over the course of this week to Xmasland.

"Christmas in July" used to be a cliched joke when I was growing up.  Now it's a motherfucking reality.